don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I imagine this game being a mix of Lost World's Zelda DLC and Rise of Lyric. Without the glitches.

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Technically, we've been seeing fans join the reigns officially since Dawn Best started doing art for Archie back in 2001 (Issue 101 Knuckles Story)...
    https://twitter.com/dbeshleman

Also, they've reiterated today that the game still has a 2022 Holiday Window.
    https://www.destructoid.com/sonic-frontiers-is-it-still-coming-in-2022/

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Spaziante was a Sonic fan and gamer. That's why his art was filled with nods to the games. He often put cameos of game elements like the Death Egg long before they debuted in the comic proper.

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    True, but I don't believe Spaz had a known online presence in the Sonic community before he was hired. As far as I recall, Dawn marked the first time an already established online "Sonic Fan Artist" (we're talking old Team Artail days) went pro, which is what made it more unique.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Unsurprising, given this is pretty much the strategy they employed with Forces, but hopefully having to directly address it means that there's now a fire under SEGA's ass to give us a new trailer or some such, likely at Summer Games Fest.

6. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1522237966902460417?s=20&t=9M40StHr1wxGuqujrDFnQA

Well speaking of Summer Games Fest, Geoff Keighley is at it again.. IMAX is teaming up with SGF and The Game Awards… some game reveals and announcements are coming on June 9th and a Frontiers snippet (from the December trailer I think) was shown off in the video included in the tweet.

Looks like if all goes well we will finally be getting something Frontiers related at SGF 2022

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Place your bets now, we'll either get...

A) 10-20 seconds of gameplay that doesn't tell us anything.

B) Green Hill Zone

C) It is literally just Breath of the Wild but with Sonic slapped on it.

D) All of the above.

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Wow we finally have a date for the reveal. I was hoping we'd see something this month but June 9th isn't too far away I guess. I look forward to finally seeing this game in motion.

I feel like we all kind of have our own version of Frontiers that we've built up in our minds. I hope the game is actually able to live up to people's expectations.

The only thing that's really been keeping my interest so far is Jeff Gerstmann's comments about Frontiers supposedly getting good impressions from people who were shown gameplay behind closed doors.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    At that point it will be about 6 months to release. It better be something substantial.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Snowbound

Snowbound

Agreed. Honestly I think the only circumstance in which we see anything prior to SGF is if they do a Sonic Central this month. And even if they were to do that and include Frontiers I bet you it would just be a teaser advertising the SGF

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Announcement of announcement?

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    They could show a new story trailer and promote an extended look at SGF. Then that starts with said trailer before jumping into some gameplay.

13. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Will probably be a story trailer with no gameplay.

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    All of the above.

15. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Sega must have learned their lesson about incorporating green hill, right? It couldn't possibly happen, right?
    Right?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Least it'd be open world green hill?

17. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    INB4 shrine-style areas that are just straight lines. Maybe the harder ones will have about as much thought put into them as the unleashed DLC.
    Honestly, as someone who's young enough to not even be able to remember a time where it was expected for sonic games to be good, I'm really having a hard time being optimistic for this game.

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Well Sonic Mania came out 5 years ago. But indeed some people are really young.

19. Linkabel

Linkabel

I'm betting if those virtual levels are true that one of them is going to use Green Hill assets.

20. Frostav

Frostav

They are, like, doing the typical marketing thing they do for the past few games, which doesn't work when we have like zero idea what this game actually plays like. With Forces we knew it was a boost game. We literally do not even know if Frontiers has distinct levels at this point, much less how it functions on a basic level.