don't click here

WIP General Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I also think the metal pillar's highlights could be brighter. The original like it was made from polished or more metallic colored metal, but yours looks a bit too matte.

And I prefer Master Emerald's spring, because it looks like a spring, rather than a stack of metal disks.

2. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
  3. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    The gate segments are approved RGX. Just tidy them up a bit more like Vincent pointed out and they should be ready for upload to the database.

4. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
  5. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    How these... better?

All problems fixed and I did what Blanche Hodapp pointed out, the back row of those diagonal pipes have their shading and lighting in the opposite direction, so I changed that.
    [​IMG]

I wasn't sure exactly what you meant was the problem with this, you could draw out the problem like you did with the pillar?
    [​IMG]

6. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    RGX, in the original Sprite, the "dark" cross beam has it's darkest shade on the right, but on yours, it's on the left. I think that's what he's driving at.

8. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
  9. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    How's this?

[​IMG]

:colbert:

10. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    While coils has no more garbled edges, they are too squared now! :colbert:

-Each single coil should be round at the lateral edges
    -Use the lower clips from ME's version
    -You know.. (MORE COLOR SHADESSSSS!! XD)

11. Hey guys I have just put together the Speed Shoe item Box and the Ring item box (No credit for the ring item box I just but together the ring sprite with the box sprite). Any improvements needed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, because in Sonic 2 the speed shoe has not stripe or buckle, I have made a version without those features
    [​IMG]

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The one thing I don't like about the version with the buckle is that it (the buckle) looks too high up. Otherwise it is superior.

13. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    The invincibility monitor could be improved by adjusting the sparkles to the middle area of the yellow outline for consistency with the rest of the item boxes.

14. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Update :D

[​IMG]

I'm Struggling to put more shades in this :( sorry Vincent, I just can't seem to see any difference between the shades. Being slightly colour blind doesnt help either :s

I love the spring that I have made in this version though! I spent alot of time on this one.

15. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
  16. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    And it's MUCH BETTER! ^^

The coils are improved, while they still needs to be sharper and have more contrast inbetween them (they tend to be too blurred especially on the spotilight)
    -The shadow under the spring is too strong, make its opacity higher
    -The black shadow invades the spring area, put the shadow layer BELOW the spring to fix this! ^^
    -Hivebrain spotted it right, there is indeed a green shade in the second orange shading of the spring.

Don't worry for color shades, I will help you to fix them if you provide me the file! :(

17. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I think I fixed the problem on the gate:
    [​IMG]

My attempt at Kracker, the shading in this is really tough to do in flash.... I couldn't make out much of the sprite as well, but I think I did pretty well... (the black line between the mouth was placed there on purpose)
    [​IMG]

18. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
  19. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Still some green in the central bar or shading on the spring and in various places on the base.