don't click here

What is your favourite 'Nu-Gen'

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by FozzY2K, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FozzY2K

FozzY2K

Fozzcat Member
    What I mean by Nu-Gen, if you don't know are the games on the X-Box, PS2, Gamecube, and Gameboy advance consoles. Sonic Advance 3 is aloud.

As I haven't really played much of Sonic Adventure DX, I won't say that, and I don't enjoy playing Sonic Heroes much. I would say my favourite Nu-Gen Sonic game is Sonic Advance 1, either that or Sonic Mega Collection, because of all the extras and things.

The reason I like Sonic Advance 1 best is because I really despise playing Sonic in 3D, because in my oppinion Sonic has never, and will never work in 3D, and when I heard about 'Sonic going back to his routes on GBA' I was more than excited, and I can still play it now without getting bored. The only downfall in the game is the special stages, they are annoying, and the 7th stage is almost impossibe, it took me many hours to get the 7th emerald!

2. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    Just so you know, I think you mean "Next-Gen".

3. FozzY2K

FozzY2K

Fozzcat Member
    Thank you, I do mean Next-Gen, I have just had the word Nu-Gen in my head all day, that's all. :lol: Sorry for any confusion. :P

4. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    SAdv3 for me.

5. NickW

NickW

Sonic Advance 1. It has the closest feel for me to a genesis Sonic game.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    4E75-Gen?

*OMG TECH JOKE LAWL

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

Sonic Advance 1

8. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    why is everyone saying SAdv1? SAdv3 is much better.

9. Kampfer

Kampfer

That's a matter of opinion, and my opinion is telling me that SAdv 1 feels more like a Sonic game than SAdv 3.

10. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    rofl

I like Sonic Heroes, myself.

11. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    sadly, they're all terrible

12. Kama

Kama

Sittin on my Bench, Watchin the sunset. Member
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    Becoming a freelance artist and writer
    Same here.

13. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I like Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Adventure DX.

14. Skaarg

Skaarg

Sonic Mega Collection because all the others suck.(except maybe sonic adventure DX since I loved the dc ver.) You basically just run a 1 way course but in mega collection it brings back the great and yet simpleness of the wonderful games of the past plus tons of extras.

15. Crazy Toni

Crazy Toni

Dude, i?m high Pending Member
    I like Sonic Advance 2...

Why? Because it?s fun to play!

16. Ted

Ted

The Original Forum Gay Member
    My favorite new Sonic Game is Sonic Advance 3 basically because of the following reasons..

1-NEW GAMEPLAY!! You have the beginning where you have the choice of changing your team.. and Going to Different Levels and backtracking..

2-TEAMS!! You get to choose your teams..! Instead of the basic Sonic and Tails team everyone has.. You can have the teams of your choice! Like.. Tails and Cream! and Sonic And Knuckles!!

3-MUSIC!! There's is DIFFERENT MUSIC for EVERY LEVEL AND ACT! That is one of the best things in the game! And they have the ol' skoo songs going on and everything!

4-GAMEPLAY IS HARDER!! The boss in the Ice zone is extremely hard and it really pisses you off juss to hit him.. and then die! So yeah Game paly

But Defaults are

1- CHAO!! Chao is POINTLESS (Except Creams Chao.. Because that thing kicks ass) I mean what does Chao do for you in the game.. give you a bonus stage.. So there is really no point to Chao

2-TEAMS (DEFAULT) Sometimes the teams you thought were unbeatable have a default! For exapmle Take Cream & Knuckles.. If you are Cream.. cheese will not do the homing device killer thing it always does.. So it juss goes around and around you and there's no point to them.. Another Example is Tails gayy flying.. when he flies with his tails under him.. He dosen't have the MaD SkILLz of his flying! And Amy makes everyone have a hammer

3-GAMEPLAY.. can be really frustating especially when the synchornization is off and you can't see yourself on the screen and you suddenly die.. That can be really bad.. Or when You hit the boss like 10 times and it hasen't died yet..

4-MUSIC.. It can be really laggy andit can sound really horrible at times.. It can really make you not in the mood to play!

Hahaa.. there's my rant of SA3 hahaa. I'm not going to buy it.. I already have the ROM

17. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Many Many Programming/hacking tools...
    Sadly, You're right.

18. Vangar

Vangar

Yeah, they are all terrible. Sonic Advance 1 was alright, Sonic Advance 2 has no gameplay, all you do is run, And now Sonic Advance 3 is ruined by shoving chao all over the place! its even on the menu screen, arggg! Sadly, I don't think any impressive sonic games will come out for GBA... ...damn...

19. Kampfer

Kampfer

My biggest thing against Sonic Advanced 3 is that there is nothing new execpt the team aspect of it, and that really dosent affect the game play that much (since you always lose your partner 5 seconds into the level...)
    Route 99- ALright, a new type of level, but layout bores me
    Sunset Hill- A boring Tropical level wannabe
    Ocean Base- Music puts me to sleep, as well as a boring level pallette
    Toy Kingdom- Alctually one of the better levels, but the place freaks me me out
    Valley Snow (I think)- Winter levels are being way overdone
    Cyber track-A unique Level, but not eneough substance
    Chaos Angel- The best level and the only good level in the game
    That's been going on since S3&K, nothing new.
    That one boss may be harder, but the gameplay is easy, plus, how hard were the old bosses when you first played them?

20. I'd have to say my favorite Next-Gen Sonic game would be Sonic Advance 3. I like the team aspect (even if it is rather pointless, I still like it), and I think it has some of the best music in any Sonic game period. And the Chaos Angel Zone is my new favorite Zone of all time. The music on the 3rd Act is awesome, and the layout, and especially the background, of all three Acts is astounding! Shame that most of the gameplay on Act 3 is based around riding those stupid platforms... And I don't like the Chaos Angel Zone Boss. It's (almost) exactly like the Cosmic Angel Zone Boss from Sonic Advance 1! Ah well.

I agree, by the way, with several people who have said that Sonic Advance 2 has almost no gameplay. You can get through almost the entire Hot Crater Zone ( and a few other Zones, too) just by holding right on the D-Pad throughout the whole of both Acts! It's pretty sad. And having to unlock all the things that you start out with in Sonic Advance 1? That was just plain stupid.

By the way, Kampfer, the fifth Zone in Sonic Advance 3 is Twinkle Snow, I think that's what you meant. That was a pretty lame, unoriginal Zone, unfortunately. That's another thing I didn't like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.