don't click here

Weird bug in Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ComPro, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
    Has anyone seen this bug before in Sonic 3?

I just beat Carnival Night Zone act 2, playing as Sonic alone. I opened the prison egg, Sonic celebrated, and my score tallied, but as control was given back to me for the cut scene, Tails just fell out of the sky and stood there.

I've never seen that one before and thought I'd pass it on in case others haven't seen that one either.

Thanks.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's actually pretty well documented, believe it or not. I forget what causes it specifically, myself; I'm pretty sure that with S3K Tails can do this in Mushroom Hill 2 as well.

3. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I once remember a glitch in Sonic 3 what was similar to this. I played Sonic alone and when I went into Carnival night, I did this like in this video:

h*ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKSXchTQDsY&t=0m50s

(I put it as a link as maybe it wont redirect to correct time)
    I recommend to watch all of these Sonic 3 and Knuckles Glitches and Oversights, if anyone did not know these yet. Very informative about glitches bugs etc.

Edit: Damn, I have no idea how to make it not go into youtube vid... I used a spesific time on the URL so the vid goes straight to 0:50, but it wont work here.

Copy the url onto a browser and remove the * and it will show the glitch I usually did.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Yeah this is old news, this tends to happen in Carnival Night Zone. It's documented on the wiki here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3_bug_list#Random_Tails_appearance
    Or if you don't want to read that for some reason, Tails doesn't unload properly after he carries Sonic into the level and that is why he appears. But if Sonic was to die, or of course go to Ice Cap, then Tails gets unloaded properly.