don't click here

Was Mushroom Hill meant to be a Knuckles Exclusive?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlackHole, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    No, you still go to Doomsday as Super Sonic. I was surprised, I wasn't expecting it to work.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Not true! You can do that even if you don't have all the super emeralds -- you do still need all the chaos emeralds, though.

Hm, what would happen if you beat the game with all the emeralds, went back and got one super emerald and then went to play Death Egg / Doomsday (the latter of which is almost certainly going to stay on the cleared level list)? :P

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Coulda sworn that was what someone told me it was. Oh well. =P I don't think I've ever reached the end of S3&K without all the Super Emeralds...

4. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

What about the Cutscene in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, where Knuckles tries to hide a Power Ring and fails miserably? That one is only shown with Sonic or Tails.

And to muteKi, I think that if you don't have all of the Super Emeralds, you can't do the Doomsday Level. Best not to touch those other rings if you only have Chaos Emeralds. Then again, I never tried it, as I was a perfectionist with those games, so I always played with Sonic having all Super Emeralds. I've also never beaten the Doomsday level, or even tried it, with just all Chaos Emeralds. Probably due to the fact that Robotnick is a Dick in the Final Battle where he can blow you out of the water with his Super Emerald blast, and take away your Super Sonic mode if you only have Chaos Emeralds.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I coulda sworn I closed this topic...

The point I was originally conveying was that Knuckles had a cutscene programmed into Sonic and Knuckles' Mushroom Hill Zone, but didn't have one in Sonic 3 and Knuckles' Angel Island Zone, even though it should've been a simple job of telling the game to load the Angel Island level tiles instead, ala Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which suggested to me that Knuckles' original Starting Zone was Mushroom Hill instead of Angel Island, and the lack of Sonic cutscene suggested Sonic wasn't meant to pass through.

Of course, as Tweaker said it lacks any viable evidence, so unless Varion can find some in his Sonic 3 and Knuckles disassembly, it's null and void.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Members can't close topics, but I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.