don't click here

Things that made you rage as a kid

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    The Sonic 3 level select cheat.
    "Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up-FUCK!!!!!" I just do the Sonic 2 cart swap trick to access the level select. Much easier.

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    THIS. One day when I was about 5-7, I literally pulled an all-nighter trying to do this; it took me roughly 6 hours for me to get it to actually work.

3. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I did it once, my first try, then never again. I recall being able to play as Knuckles in Death Egg - sort of interesting! The level order was NEAT too.

4. I almost did not buy Sonic 3.......... Because of that stupid barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Parasprite

The Parasprite

Sonic Rewind
    This. I still have trouble doing it. >.<

Sonic 1-Labyrinth zone boss. I hate it so much.

Sonic 2- Final boss. Still haven't beaten it. Also, sky fortress zone when you have all the chaos emeralds. I end up getting 50 rings and jumping accidentally. Then your going around super fast, making sure you fall into a bottomless pit. EDIT: How could I forgot Metropolis Zone? Damn exploding starfish.

Sonic 3-Special stages. I always run into a bumper back into a red sphere. I never have had problems with the barrel. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out you used up and down. I'm not sure why everyone has trouble with it. There's only so many buttons on the controller.

Sonic and knuckles-Not much, to be honest. Sky sanctuary was a little bit of a pain when I was younger, but not anymore.

Sonic 3D blast-The entire game, Sonic doesn't work well in a isometric view. I recently beat the final boss for the first time. Never again.

(This is my first post. Yay!)

6. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Sometimes I'd "cheat" by hitting the Slow button on my SG ProPad 6. That makes the Special Stages easier, but longer.

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Agreed with every one of them, especially the Sonic 3 level select (have *never* managed to do it. ever. no matter how many times I try.), Labyrinth Zone 'boss' [with the options of either drowning, or being spiked and burned - not fun.] and S2's final boss - having no rings is the hardest part of it.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I think I've only ever raged at a game twice- Call of Duty with it's unfair laggy gameplay online, and at something else once before. Not even rage, just a quiet sulk, being a Brit.

Actually, having said that, I did used to have a good old swear at GoldenAxe back as a child, that final boss was hard!

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    It is much easier if you hold the controller sideways.

10. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    When I was younger, I could NEVER beat Marble Zone. Ever. Same goes for the Hydro level in Sonic 3. When I got as far as Metropolis Zone in Sonic 2, I would always get killed.

I wasn't able to beat the first two at all until the re-releases gave them save states like Sonic CD and Sonic 3 had.

11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This. Controller sideways, left hand on 'down' and right hand on 'up'. Clear presses on 'up up down down' and then rapid fire on 'up' like a motherfucker until the ring sound happens. I'm right-handed though, lefties may want to switch so their dominant hand can do the rapid presses.

12. kakesubime

kakesubime

I had a gamegear when I was a little kid and had sonic 2 for it. My god the first acts were brutal with that game. I never knew what to do at all, and the lava was annoying and unpredictable for my feeble little kid mind. And the boss. Never knew how to beat that boss. There was a ramp leading down to this ant-head looking thing. Certainly not much of an indication of what to do there. Eventually I realized you had to let those metal things hit the ant beast, but it was still a nightmare with the damned gamegear D-pad.
    Come to think of it, I don't have much memory of anything after that. Maybe I just never beat that boss...
    I'd always get frustrated and play triple trouble instead, where I could get somewhere.

13. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    [​IMG]
    This fucker, in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
    I don't know about you, but the pal version had an awfull bug when making homing attacks during this part, making the boss veeeeeery frustrating.

14. corneliab

corneliab

I've heard a few people complain about Super Sonic during Wing Fortress, which is something that used to irritate me as well. The other day though, I figured out that he actually makes the stage easier than ever since he can jump over the high walls and skip most of the stage. Probably common knowledge for a bunch of people, but it kinda blew my mind.

15. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    1. Enable 60Hz mode
    2. you win

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

1. I only ever play in 60hz mode.
    2. Still no win

17. Not rage so much, but when I was younger I would get shit scared at Chemical Plant's rising water section and Hill Top's rising lava section - not that they were particularly difficult, but for some reason they tapped into my fear of tight spaces and rising substances.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Seriously? That's messed up. 50htz was awful for me, but as soon as I realised my TV actually supported 60htz, the problem was gone. Btw, I'm a PAL player.

19. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I ended up getting a Game genie back then JUST because of this and the fact there was a code for it that did the same thing along with Debug.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'd be surprised if it wasn't due to really shoddy conversion and lazy shortcuts. There's a whole topic devoted to this issue which has some answers as to why it always happens.