don't click here

Things in Sonic Games you misinterpreted when you were younger...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ollie, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    When I was younger I thought that you could kill Robotnik as he flew away in his helicopter eggmobile in Emerald Hill Zone. My sister told me that if you caught up to him you could hit him, all the chaos emeralds would come out and he'd die and you'd win the game early. Makes sense I guess.

But what I don't get is why is it that in only one level Robotnik uses propellers on his eggmobile when he can fly without them?

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The start your jump shortly before he touches down? Yeah, after years of that, I've got it down to a science. The most hits I've been able to inflict on him before he starts his first attack is 4, but I'm sure there's a way to get more. Fun stuff!

To stay on topic, though, I've always thought the ladies singing in the Wacky Workbench theme in Sonic CD were saying "Shiny things" and it wasn't until more recently that I realized I have no idea what they're really saying at all :(

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's much easier if you spindash, and four is the most you can get.

4. BaXter

BaXter

Employed at KickAss Corp.
    I remember in Sonic 3 at Carnival Night Act 2 the red and white support (sry I forgot the exact name) who lock the access to Eggman after the water and turning lights ON again. I believed that the only way to go down is by playing with Sonic AND Tails together.

With Tails, I jump to rise the thing the highest to pass, I make START and I switch to Sonic for continue there way.

And it's by reading a forum that I saw this thing is controllable by pressing UP and Down...

A real idiot I was, wasn't me ? :rolleyes:

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The barrel confused almost everyone. You weren't alone. I couldn't beat Carnival Night Zone for years

6. Interrobang Pie

Interrobang Pie

Get a load of palm. Member
    England
    Something that must be kept a SUPER SECRET.
    Tails being a girl, obviously. Also, I remember pronouncing 'chaos' as 'chos' ('o' as in 'chosen' and 's' as in 'abyss'). Otherwise, I was dead on with the Sonic series. >_>

7. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who pronounced it that way.

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I used to think that the Chao were pronounced as "K-O" for some reason, despite being told different in Sonic Adventure. I also used to think the unused track in Sonic 2 sound test was for hidden level, similar to The Doomsday; guess I was half-right with that one.

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Same here. I had even believed that so much, I convinced myself that the reason they say "Chao" in-game was because of bad localization.

10. Me too. It just looked correct, since it's essentially "Chaos" minus the s on the end.

Didn't help that the hosts of a video game review show I saw back then also pronounced it "Kay-oh Garden" on TV.

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Wow, there so many of these that I also misinterpreted!

Other than those already mentioned, I used to think Hyper Sonic couldn't get smashed, due to a glitch in Marble Garden, that caused Sonic to be pushed Sonic back to a previous point of the stage when he got caught in one of the "spiked smashers".

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I used to think that Act 2 of Lost Labyrinth was going to be a 5+ minute stage where you were confined to a minecart. ;)

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well, you were a few months younger at any rate.

I used to think there was some way to destroy Metal Sonic at the start of Collision Chaos. Thing is, I never got to try because my brother always bullied his way onto the game. He would say that me and my sister were apparently not old enough to play past the first level.

14. Namo

Namo

What kind of crap is that? It's not like the game had blood in it. Or maybe he wanted to protect you from the creepy game over music?

Though the USA version is a lot worse.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No no, he was just a twat.

16. Namo

Namo

Oh. Well still, the game over music is creepy. *hides* ...gotta go to my happy place... happy place....

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    That is a rather good question and one I never really thought about, it's cool and that's about all I can think about :v:

18. Namo

Namo

I used to think that the games took place in some kind of show or performance because of the "acts" in each zone. Could be because I had a game called Aero the Acrobat which also called its levels "acts".

19. flarn2006

flarn2006

Me too.

My brother thought that for a while.

What does that have to do with the Hidden Palace music?

Oh, and I used to think the bridge stakes in the Green Hill Zone caused Sonic to make that screeching sound. You know, the sound you hear when you start going in the opposite direction while running really fast.

I also thought if you went around the blue spheres in the S3 special stage and turned them into rings, you couldn't get those spheres, making the special stage impossible. That is, until I watched the blue sphere counter while I did it.

Also, I think I bought Sonic 3 used, as when I got it there was a completed game file there, as well as some files in different levels. I thought this was always how the game came. I eventually bought another copy after I accidentally deleted all the files. It was used too, and luckily it had a completed file too. It turns out to not have been a total waste of money once I found out about the level select however, as the old copy didn't work when locked onto S&K.

Another thing: I thought you got the Chaos Emeralds by just finding them in the levels, but I just never found them. And the first time I even heard the term Chaos Emerald used? When I got one in the Sonic 1 special stage for the first time. I knew it was that thing I got in the special stage, but for some reason I just thought you found them in the levels. Don't ask me why. I even remember calling my mom over when I got one for the first time and asking her what it meant. She told me what chaos meant (like disorder) and that emerald is a shade of green. She didn't know what a chaos emerald was though.

20. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I thought that when the chao had enough stamina you could take him out of the chao garden and use him to attack monsters and collect monitors or rings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.