don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. I don't use Gens, I use Fusion.

I'll remember to change the resolution next time.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Just take your screenshot with Shift+F12 and NOT with PrintScreen, which is the wrongest thing you can do.
    Before you do so, though, go to Options -> Set Config -> Extras and make sure that File Format is "BMP unc" and Output Stage is "Raw".
    It will save a neat 320x240 BMP in your Fusion folder, which will be automatically converted to PNG once you upload it on imageshack.us (of course you can get PNGOUT and convert your screenshot to PNG manually simply by using drag and drop).

tl;dr PrintScreen is bad, Shift+F12 is good and it also helps you save time.

3. I did take it with shift-F12, but my resolution is set to 1280x960 and it outputs to a TGA, which I accidentally converted to a JPG instead of a PNG due to me not paying attention on the file saving screen. D'oh.

I set it to BMP unc for next time, but I'm not seeing this Output Stage option anywhere, so I couldn't set it to raw.

4. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    There are actually 4 in LRZ2.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Get a newer version of Fusion then, it's a relatively recent option.

EDIT: @ HarrisonJ, damn you SMTP >_>

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And four in FBZ.

7. I thought I did have the most recent version, but I guess I'll have to check up on that.

Now then, what's this about 4 in FBZ? I didn't even know there were 2, and now you're saying there's 4.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL

Yep, definitely four. I hope you get approved so you can tell me how crap my video editing is at 4am.

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    WTF at those big rings inside those areas that look like solid walls (I.e. those that aren't covered by spikes) o_O In before Aquaslash going WTF at this one, too.

10. While I was thinking about name origins in the other topic, Baton Rouge = Rouge the Bat?

11. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I think it's just those four in FBZ, could be wrong. I never expected to find any there because it made no sense, but one day I was playing around and it happened. It was the third in that video.

There's a great FAQ for a lot of the rings. This is where I found the first:
    http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/448/448599p1.html

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Heh, I thought that said "fags.ign" - it probably would've been more appropriate.

Anyway, that's a fairly good guide, but I notice there aren't many Sandopolis rings covered - perhaps everyone else just stumbles upon them at random like I do.

13. Well, I got approved. Anyway...

I can't say I would really be expecting fancy editing for such a short video, but that's 3 FBZ rings I didn't know about. Thank you.

I knew there was one underneath some pushable spikes, but no matter how many times I go through the level I can never remember which set of spikes it is, or how to get to it. Now I see there's 2 of those and 2 that aren't behind spikes, which I was not aware of to this day. As for the Sandopolis rings, I've only ever found 1 or 2, and they were both by accident, both were in Act 2, and I only found them a couple times ever. Not that it really matters, since I usually have most (if not all) the super emeralds at that point anyway.

I don't think I've ever intentionally found any giant rings in LRZ act 1 (found a few in act 2), but I have glitched into a few inescapable rooms that look like they were intended to contain large rings or at least powerups. I'll have to play through LRZ in a minute and refresh my memory, since I can't seem to remember any specific locations of the rings in act 1 but I'm fairly certain I've seen them.

14. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

And all this time I thought FBZ was completely void of big rings.

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Wow, the two last rings I have ran past so many times not realising they were there, thanks for that.

Can I ask how you managed to make that video 60fps? I thought youtube fixed that trick with users uploading a file with a certan format or something to make it 60 frames? mind sharing the details?

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Fusion --> Log AVI --> Sony Vegas Pro --> Cutting, fading, general editing --> WMV --> YouTube. Nothing special done at all.

17. nineko

nineko

italy
    That video isn't 60fps. It's not possible to get 60fps on Youtube.
    [​IMG]

Right click on the video, "show video info".

edit: also, since everyone is posting youtube videos, HERE is mine as well, dated November 14th 2006 :(

18. dsrb

dsrb

Didn't YouTube previously (perhaps still) downconvert videos from 30 to 15 fps, if not prepared a certain way? IIRC it's better to use 1x zoom, too.

19. nineko

nineko

italy
    As far as I know, Youtube keeps the original framerate if it was 30 frames per second or less, and downsamples it to 30 if it was higher. I don't think the limit has ever been 15 frames per second.

Also yes, 1x zoom ftw, too bad it's like screaming in a desert since everyone loves this HD bullshit :(

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yeah, but yours only shows Act 1. :v:

Fusion's AVI logger always outputs at 640x480, I believe. And even if it didn't, after being processed through Vegas it would.

And I just realised that's why it appears to be 60fps... with the video setting at "Internet Video (SD)" in Vegas (and possibly other settings, I rarely use them), it automatically downgrades the video to 30fps by blending pairs of frames together, unlike YouTube's skip-every-other-frame-and-ruin-nearly-all-graphical-effects algorithm.