don't click here

The Sonic Video Archive Project Thread (Of Hedgehogs and Marketing)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by AstroSeedP, Feb 19, 2017.

1. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Ok, so while I'm getting all that stuff ready let's do something different.

I have uploaded a collection of PDFs related to the movie.
    Yes, PDFs... I know this is the Sonic VIDEO Archive but I will occasionally upload other things too.

Have a look through them and also please let me know if I'm missing any.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ej9_n_W3JOdNEqYJxWNZbwVNc3Kczb5y

2. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Hello again, I kinda left this thread abandoned but after thinking about it I decided to finally give it an update.

For those wondering, yes, this project is still very much alive.
    In fact, it's been very active in the lead-up to Frontiers.
    (Remember the leaks that were found due to the name "Rangers" being in the metadata of the teaser? That was our file.)

So, on to the updates.

The archive drive has been ever-growing, as mentioned, plenty of Frontiers content has been added.
    Browse through and see what files interest you.

Most importantly, this year we launched our Twitter page:

[​IMG]

We've been making regular content posts, showcasing many videos and files from our library.
    This is where most of our updates will be relayed, so give it a follow and share to help the project.

Keep in mind, while we constantly upload files to the drive, we'll only post about relevant/noteworthy new uploads.
    Otherwise, we do spotlight random files throughout the week.

The YouTube channel and website are still up, however, those have been a low priority.
    Updates to those will be slow at the moment.

To those who have been following the project and continue to do so, thank you.
    This project continues to be taxing on storage space and, in some cases, money as well but I feel like it's all worth it in the end.

3. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

I've been currently on a search for a few files related to Unleashed.

I'm actually unsure they even exist so I'd like some help to at least confirm if they did.
    Here are the details:

First off, an HD SoA press file for the first Unleashed trailer:

This was the first "official" trailer released on April 3rd after SEGA confirmed the game's existence.
    All uploads were of low quality, including the European press file.

However, this upload from SEGA of America in June suggests an HD version of the trailer was also made.
    I'm inclined to say that the file wasn't given out, but I did find a copy with the filename of "New_Trailer_Lo.mov"
    It's dated April 2nd, so it seems to have come straight from SoA, and the name suggests that there may be a hi-res version.

Secondly, an HD press file for the Werehog teaser trailer:

This was first released by LMC, and like before, was uploaded in SD.

But later that year, there were some uploads in HD:

Lastly, and HD European press file for the Spagonia trailer:

This is a weird one because SEGA's current press site does have this for download, but it's corrupted.
    It's only 19MB and it won't play:

[​IMG]

I do have a WMV of the SoA version, and the 360p MOV for the SoE one as well...
    But I want to know if this file was ever functional or if it's always been broken.

I do have other Unleashed press trailers I'm looking for, mainly some of the Wii ones, but these are the priority at the moment.
    If anyone can help, thanks.

4. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Say, have you uploaded this version of Night of the Werehog yet? You're obviously aware of it since you posted it in this forum a few months ago, but I can't seem to find it in your archive.

5. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Uploaded it to the JP folder.
    I was inclined not to upload it due to its low quality and watermark, but since it's the only copy we have I might as well.

6. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Still looking for the previously mentioned files, but I've got some more.

Dreamcast SEGANet Hunt:

An HQ copy of the SEGANet 'Play Online' commercial that aired during the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards.
    While we've obtained most of the 'It's Thinking' line of Dreamcast commercials featuring Sonic, we don't have this one.

This is the best version I could find, but have been unable to identify its source.

The only other lead I have is this old IGN article that had them for download, but the files themselves weren't archived:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20001206063400/http://dreamcast.ign.com:80/news/24703.html
    I'm unsure of the resolution of the video, but the file size seems reasonably big.

If someone still has this file, a good copy of it, or a high-quality TV recording, let us know.

M-Flo Shadow Tripod Baby MV Hunt:

The music video for the M-Flo/Shadow the Hedgehog collaboration that was released on the JP website.
    The commercial has been saved but the file for the MV seems to be lost, or at the very least, very obscure.

That being said, can anyone clarify if this was ever released elsewhere?
    The download files that were on the JP website were of low quality so if there's an even better source that would be great.

7. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    This thread is a godsend, and it kind of makes me embarrassed I didn't learn of it sooner when I made my CGI thread last year. What a giant treasure trove!

9. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  10. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Important Announcement:

So how's it going, I have some news to share regarding the project itself.

First off, we opened a Tumblr page a while back so follow us there if that's your preferred social media platform.
    https://svaproject.tumblr.com/

However, here's the most important thing.

We have launched our Internet Archive page, effectively the new home for our project's library.
    https://twitter.com/SVAProject/status/1711097967837327812

[​IMG]

Internet Archive page.

As stated, the Drive archive is retired and the majority of content will, in time, be reuploaded on our IA page.