don't click here

The MODE button

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by ICEknight, Feb 8, 2012.

1. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    What games does it do in-game actions for?

MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE. ;__;

2. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    The first X-men game requires you to reset the console to complete a level.

3. You have to hold the mode button for a good 10-20 seconds when you turn the console on when playing King Of The Monsters with a 6 button controller or else the controller won't work.

As others have said, certain games weren't compatible with 6 button controllers and holding the mode button when turning the console on disabled the X Y and Z buttons.

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This is interesting, I just got my 6 buttoned controller through the post and had no clue what mode did. Now I know! When you lot are saying to hold it when booting the system, what the heck does that do!? :S

5. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    I cant even remember what games you need to hold mode on...I think maybe MK1 was one. I don't know exactly how it works, I assume it maps the buttons out correctly somehow, else otherwise they go all screwy and XYZ just don't work. :T I'm curious to find out, since you're essentially teaching the MD to use 3 new buttons I guess.

6. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Holding MODE on pad power-up causes it to emulate a 3-pad, for games that read the pads correctly enough to work with a 3-pad, but that trip up on the 6-pad standard.

7. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    MK1 reads 6 button pads just fine, but not 6-button sticks, oddly enough.