don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    There was a bug a few days ago that broke Tweets made prior to December 2014. Apparently it was fixed, but who knows if that'll ever happen again... and not be fixable next time. So yeah, preserve that shit.

2. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I still have a bunch of WIPs he sent me for translation purpose.

3. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
  4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    On one hand, yikes.
    On the other hand...not trying to justify his behaviour, but if you ask for a commission from Ken "The Lara-Su Chronicles" Penders I feel like you should know exactly what you're getting into.
    The fact this man still has fans and people willing to pay him for art at this point is baffling to me, but if you really like the guy, you should know about his work ethic, no? lol

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  6. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    [​IMG]

He's stalling for time.

7. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    He's a little uneducated on that last part. Those shorts are public domain because they weren't properly filled / renewed before that was something you didn't have to do.

With copyright, It's not about failure to act, and modern day almost nothing can take outright (legal) ownership away from you outside of the 95 year default. Trademarks are the only thing that you can lose by inaction by today's standards, which basically only covers advertising.

Not sure what his plan is here but it just doesn't make sense anymore. How much longer does he have to wait to say "haha you guys did NOTHING I win!" And how much longer after that does he have to actually make moves with his oh-so-dear old Archie Sonic characters and Shade the Echidna & Nocturnus Clan appropriation before he kicks the bucket?

It's just pathetic because it's starting to feel like it stands AGAINST what the copyright system is supposed to protect just to be petty.

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    ...why doesn't Ken Penders just move on with this life?

9. Lambda

Lambda

Because he craves attention and this is the only way he can get it?

10. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah, Ken is going to die a bitter old man, having not put out a thing because, despite deludedly claiming the legal and moral victory over SEGA and Archie, he’s clearly terrified of doing anything of consequence, lest it come back to bite him. Better to keep hyping up all the stuff that’ll never happen so he can at least think he’s important.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  11. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  12. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
  13. "Coming soon in 2012"...