don't click here

Super Sonic cheat meaning

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by saxman, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Assuming I didn't make any mistakes while reading the manual:
    Code (Text):
    1. chk.l -(a6), d0

2. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Nonsense, then. :v:

Since it is the Super Sonic code, I thought it might have something to do Chuck Yeager, or the first supersonic aircraft or something. I didn't find any leads or connections there, though.

3. I get it.

4. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I find the Law of Fives 41:26 to be more and more manifest the harder I look. - Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst

Calendar Theory:
    The year 4126 in the hebrew calendar straddles both 365 and 366 AD, which is the same as the number of days in the calender year and leap year, and each year is comprised of 7 day weeks which is the same as the number of chaos emeralds.

5. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    We're getting into some serious Bible Code territory now. Shit's getting real.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    These two facts aren't exactly related though. I highly doubt that they picked 7 emeralds for 7 days in the week. And even if they did, I don't think 4126 would be such an obfuscated reference.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Does any high-up at Sega (or involved with Sonic 2) have the 2nd of June 1941 as a birthdate? That'd be the only logical way it'd work as a date, but seeing as it doesn't have 19 on the front (when all the others do) leads me to think that sadly the Bible reference is probably more likely. Probably snuck in by one of the US devs.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Remember, us UK folk do the dates the other way around to people in America so it could be 6th of February 1941

9. egel

egel

Cheeseland
    May start a small page about my MD collection.
    Hey all. Since super sonic is inspired/based on a super saiyan, I thought it may had something to do with season/episode listing of the dragonball z saga (e.g. episode 41, season 2, 6 minutes into the episode). Looked it up, nothing interesting. Something tells me it is a reference to a date of importance however.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I thought about this, but discounted it. If the year is the first part of it, it will be YYMMDD - North America uses MMDDYY, the rest of the world that doesn't use the aforementioned ISO format uses DDMMYY. If it was a US birthday, the code would be 2641, not 4126.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think there was such thing as "seasons" in Dragon Ball's original run... or anywhere outside the US.

12. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Then again, we're going by the assumption it was a birthdate... Though some of Sega's executives of that time seem to have been born around that date, so I wouldn't entirely discard it yet.

13. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I'm leaning against it being a date, though, since both other date codes included the year in the full 4-digit format.

Spitballing other possibilities:

• Some Sega-related model number, say for the Genesis or some piece if internal hardware.
    • An address, for instance the STI building in Palo Alto.
    • Something to do with Yuji's Porsche. :v:

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Dammit ninja'd

I was going to say address of a specific building.

15. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Not at all. The '14 Continues' code 1124, which happens to be the 19921124 code, omits the year 1992. But yeah, I'm leaning against it being a date as well. Because—if it indeed was a date—then it would more likely follow the '14 Continues' code format at the very least.

16. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Super Sonic and the 7 Chaos Emeralds are inspired/based on the Super Saiyan and the 7 Dragon Balls from Dragonball Z.. which would explain why Sonic 1 had only 6 emeralds and no super transformation, but Sonic 2 introduced it along with a 7th chaos emerald.

Not to mention Super Sonic has spiked up golden spines, just like a Super Saiyan has spiked up golden hair.

17. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    ... And...?

You are missing the point here: we are not denying the fact that Super Sonic/7 Chaos Emeralds were inspired by Dragon Ball Z; we are discussing the origin and meaning of the Super Sonic cheat code.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The problem with this though, is that 4126 doesn't form a calendar month/day...

To try to spark a new idea, does anyone think it might have to do with the tracks played on those? Just a shot in the dark I guess.

EDIT:

Oil Ocean, 2-Player Results Screen, Emerald Hill and Hill Top (if I remember correctly). This ring any bells for anybody?

19. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    I'm glad this thing didn't go to the SToOK, on one hand. I love all the little theories we have going on here.
    Let me pitch a few.
    • What if it's not something about the past, like the Bible or WWII, but rather something for the future? Sonic 4 Episode 1, stage 2... something 6.
    • 4126 in hex is 101E. Anything juicy in the asm or RAM?

20. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    Emerald Hill and Hill Top are related, at least when it comes to the level art.
    It's also possible to gather all Emeralds in Emerald Hill... is that why they call it Emerald Hill? owo; Could that be related?

-tilts head- I can't find any other connection. o-o