don't click here

Streets of Rage 3

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Toasty, Nov 28, 2009.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I actually assumed that what he was shouting was just a really loud engrish "BARE KNUCKLE" -- that is, coming out more like "BEHH KNAKKAW"

2. Xilla

Xilla

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

1 hit of any kind will stop it, the way she did it is for speedrunners :P

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I might as well post this here, I'm sure if you've played SoR 2, you're familiar with this track. I'm sure I've heard something recently that sounds almost exactly the same, but can't remember what it is. Any clue?

5. Xilla

Xilla

That would be this.

6. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Source is the now defunct SOR Online. I need to upload the backup I made of the site, since gamespy killed classicgaming.

You need a character map thingy to see that text btw. Whats more interesting is a bunch of japanese stuff after that text, which are in fact song lyrics from this album (the tracks Cotton Love and Blondsaurus):
    http://music.goo.ne.jp/cd/CDDORID147331-1/index.html

betting 5$ that some songs on that album were ripped off in the BK3 soundtrack.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    What I was thinking of was a much more recent track, but if that riff is common, that makes sense.

Whoops, was responding to Xilla

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    While I admit that BKIII is a piece of cake, there's no way I could prefer SOR3 over BKIII:
    stupid palettes changes, awful voices sets, Ash removed, story and dialogues changes pretty bad, female sprites censorship ridiculous, ridiculous difficulty, no sound during cutscenes, no battle mode quotes...
    I say fuck SOR3 and Sega of America by the way!

9. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.

Its been backed up twice already. Streets of rage .net did it and so did Johnny's place.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Honestly, I think Bare Knuckle 3 actually benefits from being easier. You get through the content faster before you end up being bored by the repetitive nature of the game.

Fuck, Tweaker and I use to netplay this shit. This shit got boring around the construction level after we scrolled a tiny bit in the screen before going to the next group of guys.

This was our highlight.

[​IMG]

11. Glisp

Glisp

Bloomington, IN

Tweaker likes Streets of Rage? From his behavior towards my posts about it in the past, I'm surprised by this development. Its actually kind of odd as he seems to show off a general disgust for the series. Perhaps its just a cover up though. Perhaps he had a bad experience with the series? Nah. That can't be true.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Glisp, can I ask you a favor and stop showing your undying gay love for Tweaker in every thread he's mentioned? That would be very swell of you, thanks.

13. Glisp

Glisp

Bloomington, IN
    Oh, please. :rolleyes: Do you honestly think that has to do with anything I said in my previous post? I was merely stating that I had no idea he even liked Streets of Rage. Everytime I bring up the subject, I get ignored by him so I was actually saying that Tweaker made me assume that he didn't like the SOR series. This has nothing to do with me showing affection towards Tweaker and it never will. Besides, even if I was gay, Tweaker and I have too much in common with each other to be an effective couple

It was never anything beyond wanting to be friends anyway. (I was just trying to make friends the wrong way. I was being to demanding to be friends with him that was the problem.)

On topic though, the guy that was helping me hack Streets of Rage 2, was also making several Genesis/Mega Drive Disassemblies. On of which was he US version of Streets of Rage 3. I'm working by myself again btw. I'm actually doing pretty good as far as locating compressed art goes. The guy built a decompressor for the compressed art. Unfortunately, it only extracts art from the offsets he found. Luckily, with the help of SonMapEd, I was able to locate many other bits of compressed art and find what offsets they were at. It was very pain staking and my patients were on a thread as entering some offsets would crash SonMapEd or distort tiles beyond recognition.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Aww, construction level is fun and fast.

Just kick everyone into the pit boom you're done

15. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    To be honest, I think I'd pick SOR2 ANY day over SOR3 or BK3. One of the reasons is the music, the first two games had actual effort put into the soundtracks. For the third one, apparently Yuzo Koshiro just used a random music generator, and it's pretty easy to tell. I never was a fan of techno in games, it just feels like a quick way to get out of composing real music. And am I the only one who thinks the sound effect for the male grunt enemies getting killed is probably one of the most annoying sounds I've ever heard in a video game?

Also, I've always preferred Axel saying "BARE KNUCKLE" over "GRAND UPPER". I think it's the voice.

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Heh, so there's at least one thing you like from SOR3 :P

17. I'm surprised no one brought this up yet... or maybe I overlooked it while reading the other 3 pages, idk.

Only thing I like about SOR3 is that it's a bit faster than SOR2, and you can play shiva. Otherwise I think SOR2 is the better game, mostly cause the music soundtrack is so much better.

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=383401:date=Dec 10 2009, 05:18 PM:name=::CMG (UTOPIA)::)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (::CMG (UTOPIA):: @ Dec 10 2009, 05:18 PM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm surprised no one brought this up yet... or maybe I overlooked it while reading the other 3 pages, idk.[/QUOTE]

Considering this thread has nothing to do with SORR, you shoudn't be.

19. Considering this thread has nothing to do with SORR, you shoudn't be.
    [/QUOTE]

Still it's related to streets of rage. I saw people here talk about SOR2 & BKII even though the title says SOR3 & BKIII, so why not this game? At least in this game it has stuff from both SOR2 & SOR3 along with its japanese counterparts BKII and BKIII. Pretty much the best of both worlds

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I dunno. I really liked the BK3 soundtrack, random arpeggiation and nasty beats and everything. :3