don't click here

SonicGDK 1.30.000

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Xaklse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. TheActualKK

TheActualKK

Accept no substitutes. Member
    The Funk Dimension
    Sonic GDK - Green Hill Paradise
    Hey guys.

Just dropping off some more up-to-date screens and assuring you that I haven't died or something.

We've just sent out some early alphas to a few choice folks, and we hope to have a beta out to all you fine fellows within a few weeks' time (after we've ironed things out found in this alpha version).

Hope you like what you see, and look forward to playing it in the near future!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    That indeed looks very nice. I'll look forward to playing it.

Regarding my level, I got... NOTHING else done yet, but that's because I was hellbent on finishing a Video class project that's due tommorow at rhe latest (which I finished just now like a boss :specialed:). I have midterms after Monday so if I don't study I'm likely fucked and/or going to get bitched at by my parents. Sooo... Not that you care about my life, but it affects my work, and you SEEM to care about my level :v: so just wanna give a heads up of don't expect anything new for at least a week.

3. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Towards TheActualKK's post, that looks real nice to be honest, big , wide and expansive. But the terrain "mountains" if you call them that. Look a tad odd for the terrain UV map wise at least. Otherwise its looking really good with the UV's overall with that smudged effects for the terrain UV's from grass to the checker pattern.

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

May I ask, how did you do that loop? Or is it from Emerald Coast?

5. TheActualKK

TheActualKK

Accept no substitutes. Member
    The Funk Dimension
    Sonic GDK - Green Hill Paradise
    Thanks, we've been going for that expansive size, and we hope it stays true for gameplay too. Terrain mapping everything did prove to be rather difficult, but it was ideal back when we started since neither of us had any 3D modeling skills. We're developing another map design that should take more advantage of those models now that we can design them better, and also call for less terrain jaggies in the basic landscape design.

6. Scripten

Scripten

That screenshot looks awesome. It really drives home the whole open-world feeling that Sonic in 3D should have. Many kudos to you guys.

7. Conan Kudo

Conan Kudo

「真実はいつも一つ!」工藤新一 Member
    Nearly all of the file sharing download links are dead or blocked off from U.S. visitors now. The only one I could get to work was Rapidshare and it is really slow...

8. Thanks for the notification, I'll see what I can do...

9. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Attempting to compile SonicGDK with latest UDK (December 2012), get this error:

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-12\Development\Src\SonicGDK\Classes\SGDKEnemyPawn.uc(206) : Error, Call to 'NotifyTakeHit': missing or bad parameter 6

This makes no sense because NotifyTakeHit only takes five parameters, but this is what I'm getting with a fresh install of UDK and a fresh download of SonicGDK.

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Speaking of which, I wonder if they fixed that error. The UDKMapMusicInfo. It won't load in the world Properties and you can't make UTMapMusicInfo anymore.

11. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    I got the same problem with the November 2011 release. Seems like "NotifyTakeHit" has been replaced by something else, I dunno. What I did was delete the line where the "NotifyTakeHit" was. Seemed to work the same ingame, not really sure why.

12. Write this:
    NotifyTakeHit(EventInstigator,HitLocation,ActualDamage,DamageClass,Momentum,DamageCauser);

SonicGDK should be used with the UDK June 2011 Beta.

But you can clone the one I use for the test map. Anyways, you won't need this kind of stuff anymore.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, you can clone it. That's what I've been doing.

14. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    TwilightZoney fixed the problem with UDK loading in versions past november '11. Ask him what he did. He said it was just the context of the badnik pawn. Once he fixed it, it worked with every version after.

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Actually that was me...

Also, Xaklse, GDK is to my memory compatable with all versions of UDK, not just the June build. The NotifyTakeHit thing just go updated, and got mad if you used a prior version of NotifyTakeHit (which lacked the Damage Causer flag/parameter/WHATEVER). Besides, last I checked it's actually a GOOD thing to upgrade to newer builds of UDK o_O;

Erm, why's that?

16. New 1.00.244 version is up!
    Source Code (requires UDK January 2012): 2shared / DepositFiles / MediaFire / RapidShare

What's new? In short:
    Regarding the SGDK Test Map:
    Minor changes worth mentioning here:
    The Wiki has also been slightly updated with the new stuff.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Very nice update! The drill orb doesn't seem to work when not in water, unless that is intended.

18. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Thanks for the update Xaklse, can't wait to test it out this weekend.

19. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Great work as always.

I have a question that is sort of off topic, but is the Sonic model in the GDK usable in Unreal Tournament 3? I haven't been able to find a working Sonic player model for that game since I re installed.

20. That's the intention.

It should be reasonably compatible because it uses the standard UT3 skeleton, many animations are missing though.