don't click here

SonicGDK 1.30.000

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Xaklse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    More like spectacular lighting. That looks awesome.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So absolutely this. Want to see it in action!

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    [strike]I thought better of you, Ritz. That is shallow. :v:[/strike] (Well that doesn't work out of context when the post in question's in the Trash...)

I don't exactly think Rainbow Dash would work in the context of a Sonic game, though.

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    It's more of the point that she's the fastest. Only reason I watched that show was Tara Strong voiced in it.

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Does anybody want to be a bro and compile a version of GDK with Streak's Sonic Unleashed stuff :v:? I could just get off my ass and install UDK I guess, but I'd rather not just yet.

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I think compiling takes a while

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Out of curiosity, is anyone going to be incorporating the drift mechanic into your projects?

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I was planning too when I eventually got of my ass.

Looking at my track record though, someone else will get to it first :u

9. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    Sonic Colors for GDK version 0.2 Alpha
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQUT4QR7

New

-Material tweaks for Sonic and SuperSonic. Added Sonic Generations textures.
    -Added Physics Asset to Sonic's Skeletal mesh so that Sonic dies correctly when crushed or falls into a bottomless pit.

10. Yeah, the reason is the way the controls are coded: allowing the player to use "forward" to advance. If you really need to fix that for a certain part of a map, you could rotate the pawn & camera through Kismet when exiting the spline path.
    The pink arrow is only an indication of where the background should be in 2.5D mode.

11. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    It may be a good idea to fix that in the engine itself, because its kinda strange, after playing Colours or Unleashed, and right now Generations, It feels weird not to advance with "2D controls", I meant, left makes Sonic go to the left in 2.5D and so on, and W to move forward in 3D I suppose. And if its on a turn like that one, It may be wise to make it advance with both W and D, since the player may confuse and It may try both. At least that's how modern Sonic games work :P

12. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    Thats not what he meant. Its not the control aspect of the 2.5D/3D transition. Its the spline itself he wants to know about.

13. In SGDK's 2.5D mode, you can advance with 2D controls (left-right), additionally you can still use forward (up) to keep running in the direction Sonic is facing.
    The problem that Azu mentions occurs when leaving 2.5D mode to enter 3D mode.

14. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    Hey, How can I change Sonic's maximum speed?

15. Open PawnSonic.uc; you have to change "RunningTopSpeed" in the function "InitializePhysicsData()". Explanation of each param can be found in SGDKPlayerPawn.uc.

Or edit MyPawnSonic.uc and use the MyGame system.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Is there any way to mess around with and change Sonic's steering and acceleration? I haven't picked up UDK and tried to mess with yet, but I'm fixing to, and I just want to know if those things can be toyed with, because although the engine's great, I feel as if Sonic's a bit too stiff and hard to get to speed.

17. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Got the seven emeralds but didn't find out how to transform with them. So I found the "secret command" to do so instead. :p
    Can't wait to see some proper levels coming out of this, it should be challenging. Congrats for that project.

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Just and press Spacebar in the air.

19. For acceleration check the same section I told Streak; for steering you would need to modify the relevant code in the PlayerController, maybe I should recode and expose a variable so that it's easier to change.

20. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I tried that and Sonic just jerked.

Would it be possible to add a Spline for 3D view as well?