don't click here

Sonic Time Twisted Update

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Overbound, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    yeah, the old engine had quite a bit of clunk to it. that's why Mercury's programming now. ;)

2. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    What ever I did to the save post they didn't work right. The variable never reset its self I could never figure out why it wasn't reseting thus I couldn't fix the problem. That's why you start near the end of Act 2, which is scrapped. Actually though the whole zone is scrapped I'm not sure there is going to be a perplex puzzle anymore. I've created 3 water levels for time twisted I'm kind of done designing water levels. That's not to say zones won't contain water though.

The game is the most complete its ever been. Four levels are in very advanced design stages. Most of the character art and other random art is completed. Mercury's engine is fairly complete with everything but monitors, badniks, cutscenes and various under the hood things need to be programed. Hinchy's also got a good chunk of the music complete. We're trying to have a big demo for Sage. Of course no sort of promise of release.

3. Felik

Felik

Any hopes for Tails' pallet getting fixed?

4. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    What's wrong with his palette? It looks fine to me in the latest screenshot.

5. vexer

vexer

These are some really great screenshots. I can't wait to play a demo of the new engine.

6. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    [​IMG]
    I tweaked some of the colors on the background.

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I'm getting such a Sonic OVA Robotnikland vibe from that screenshot. Looks good. My only gripe is those bricks down toward the water. They look a little bland compared to everything else.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Not only that- The bricks looks out of place even. I would make them look more modern and metallic if I were you. Perhaps with a couple of lights as well?

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I think the point was to make them look like a bridge and the city is farther in the background.

Looks really ace, Overbound. Can't wait to try it out when I can. =)

10. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    new level asset time! don't ask why Overbound isn't the one posting this.

[​IMG]

This level was my idea! Drifting Dynamo Zone focuses around an airship power plant, sorta like if Flying Battery and Scrap Brain had an illegitimate lovechild. The level itself weaves in and out of the ship itself and the desert it's flying through. Both images are from the future; in the past the ship will presumably be half-completed and maybe immobile up on stilts, but we're not sure yet.

Also, here's the music to go with it!