don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2010 RESULTS THREAD

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And the aware for most shoe-horned in trophy goes to.... =P

Congrats to all the winners, there's some spectacular hacks here. And also to the ones who didn't quite make it, either - more than a couple that were worth prizes, imo.

And I'm terribly sad to see you go, Nayr. Take care, hopefully we'll chat again some time =)

2. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Which ones did it almost get Honorable mention for?

3. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I actually voted for Flicky Turncoat for a couple. I had to lol at the innovative use of "FUCK!" that the Flickies gave.

Also, to be fair, I was operating with an outdated judging list. Many of the trophies I never saw. As for giving "THE GAME - You just lost it" to Sonic 1 Lunacy, I had to, for lulz.

4. Wow. When Ranger and I began our hack we never really thought we'd win any awards for it, maybe a few chuckles. To win something like "Most Fun", to me, is the biggest honor. Thanks guys <3

5. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    my involvement is still there, I'm just not judging. I feel a newer generation is more in tune with the nature and subculture of this community better than I. I will still be making all the executive calls, but the judging is not mine to make anymore (thank fucking god). This means the contest should get wrapped up quicker next year (in about one week) and you can count on a complete overhaul of the contest that will completely change the nature of it (more hands-on and enthralling). Rules should be released in the next couple days (more than likely tomorrow). Stay tuned for details!! =)

6. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Also, I am offering to judge next year, since I have no life and am pretty much always reachable. I'll be doing the banners again, etc, and anything else you guys might need.

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    'Grats to all the winners!

Also, thanks for the honourable mention.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I really, really want to at least SEE Press B for Shittles.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    If it's worth anything, I feel Mercury would make a fantastic hacking contest judge; in fact I think I might respect his opinions on the dynamics of a Sonic game more than my own at this point. I know there might be a conflict of interest as he occasionally enters his own hacks into the contest, but I think he's worth considering regardless.

Congrats to all the winners, btw. Sorry for kind of pussying out on the judging, but I just wasn't into it this year.

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Well, judges are able to submit their own stuff, it's just that they won't be able to judge their own work.

In terms of next year, I do have the written plan done, I just need to talk to Ayla about the rest. There's currently five judges signed up, but I think Mercury would do a good job too.

11. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh, actually won a trophy! Awesome!

It's very interesting that Sik and I are actually sharing the spotlight. Considering that our hack have the exact same purpose; to make Super Sonic playable, except in different games.

So, I would like to thank everyone involved in the contest, and lament the fact that the podcast had to be dropped. Though I'm eargely awaiting for Ben Kalough to share his views on some of this contest's entries.

Congratulations to all the winners!

12. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    How does one qualify as a judge?

13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Judges have to have a sense of fairness I believe, the more you are openminded to many different styles, themes, and acceptances, the more you'll be able to set a fair judgement.

14. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I do agree with Tweaker though, Mercury should definitely be a judge, that is if he wants to be. ;) I'd like to be, but I don't think I'm fit to be a judge anyway. :v:

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Wow, thanks. I'd love to be a judge.

There'd be little chance of conflict of interest, at least in 2011. I'll be too busy with Time Twisted to make another ROM hack soon.

16. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    I'm glad to see that the work that has been put into Sonic 1 Lunacy by myself and the rest of the Masochistic Maniacs has paid off with the Genocide City Trophy for the second year in a row.

Rest assured that next year we are entering with the intent to build on what we have achieved so far. Judges, expect no mercy.

17. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I would appreciate if the involveds in the contest could upload videos of the trophy winners. I'm very interested in seeing them all in action, but I don't have time to download and play them all by myself.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    That's actually a great idea. There is a problem in terms of hacks that aren't public, but I think that could be easily sorted. I'll work on it later.

19. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    No, no you don't.

Oerg and I tried to do this a couple years ago as a megadrive "video demo", but it was finished after the results were posted and has disappeared into obscurity. This will be implemented next year.

20. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Why I wouldn't have any problem with my content being made public, I still have one major problem: The HC built looks MUCH different from the current one and I don't want people to see stuff that doesn't exist anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.