don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Not sure if you're looking for changes or concepts for that one or just new ideas, but what if it had two spiked platforms on the sides(or one that changes sides)? Then, if you get it to hit a penguin or something else icy, the bottom half of the machine gets covered in ice(you mentioning a penguin makes me think it's the ice and fire level, otherwise I guess this idea is kinda useless), including the platforms, so you can then jump on them and hit him directly before the ice shatters/melts and you get pushed off. Thus, you keep the basic idea of getting him to land on a target besides you, while still letting the player attack directly, and perhaps speed up the battle if they are fast enough.

2. I think that the problem is the the distortion moves along with the camera, doesn't it? If the distortion was relative to the level and not to the camera it wouldn't look so weird.

What annoyed me a lot was Tails grabbing me all the time. After he died, I'd jump from a spring and on my way up resurrected Tails would grab me and keep me from going where I wanted.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    That piece of shit always fucks with everything. I'll make a flag so he doesnt pick you up upon death.

Anyone else find anything interesting?

4. Well, Tails drowning kills the music until something such as invincibility or Sonic drowning kick starts it, the bubble shield bounce doesn't destroy monitors (In the prototype, neither does + - Nack's bounce or Super Sonics bounce   ), also in the prototype + - giant rings still persist and are enterable in Time Attack mode, which leave Time Attack mode when you return and causes the title card to not show upon death, instead just warping back to the beginning of the stage a la a Special Stage death   .

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I cannot recreate the + - giant rings staying bug. This may be because you are using Windows 7 and it is not allowing the game to create an INI file. Do saves work?   .

I will also look into making the heat wave not move with the level. I have also began working on boss mode. I am not sure whether or not to have Sonic 1 bosses intertwinned with Classic, or have two seperate modes?

6. Sorry, I should've clarified that the bug + - was with Time Attack mode and that the main point was the rings taking you out of Time Attack mode   . Saves are fine.

EDIT: Spawning at the checkpoint shown in this screen will have the Cactusnik kill you before you have a chance to do anything (Shot's lousy, I know, I was a bit slow on the screencap)

[​IMG]

7. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    I can haz Mac port?

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Well, yeah, I was going for something simplistic but challenging for the design, the simplistic being how the missle fires at whatever level Knuckles is and fires the other one straight forward, where the challenging comes in: Knuckles has to glide between them and hit the Eggmobile before it flies off, which if you're hit by the second one then I wouldn't expect you'd be able to do after you landed, it just moves that quickly.
    The last three panels show what happens on the last hit, the missles point down and the Eggmobile attempts to ram you, where you just need to jump and hit it to defeat it.

9. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    A Mac port? Thats obsurd! I have one...its old though =P

Also, I will fix that Star Post. Horrible placement on my part. Are the level layouts ok?

10. Pretty much all good, though the block at 6051, 2010 in Robot Rave Act 1 is virtually impossible to get on so it's easy to get stuck there.

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    You won't see a Mac port. Multimedia Fusion (The program he's using to make his game) doesn't run on Mac. Far as I know anyway.

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This would like to have a word with you

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Well, damn. I though MMF2 didn't work on Mac.
    Music isn't playing.

14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Using AOSTH Robotnik's theme as the boss music? Fanfuckingtastic.

15. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Sorry to say that, but I can't make any critism or general feedback, because I have the following problem: You can't resize the window. I have a 1920x1200 screen, and when I want to play something that small, I gotta set the solution to something smaller, which would result anything looking completly rough and sometimes even flimmering. I'd like to have this game with double or even full-screen function. :)

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    not saying that you haven't tried, but alt enter (or under options) puts it into full screen.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yeah, now they just need to put Eggman saying that Mike Pollock sound clip of 'Snooping as usual I see'. lol

18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Neither of that works. There's no full screen function in the Options and Alt + Enter's not doing anything.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Full Screen EXE

There ya go.

Also, I can't decide on a decent special stage. The current one seems...meh...

[​IMG]
    Two designs so far...or I could just go the sonic 2 pipe route...or the Tripple Trouble route...

20. I'd rather see the special stage art used in a regular stage and make either a Special Stage that has different gameplay from normal, such as the S2 half pipe one, even though it's a bit cliché by this point