don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Meh, fair enough. Not that huge a deal, we knew that was coming anyway.

2. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION WITH PARTS FOR THE BATTLE MODE IS REAL

They gave us something even better than Neo Sonic Universe's battle mode. It seems to be like some sort of 2D Sonic Battle for Emerls! Except it's also a race. I'm impressed. I want to play it almost as much as I want to play the main game.

3. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    So the rabbit is officially revealed to be a skin? I'm not gonna lie, that's EXTREMELY cool. It's so easy to miss though given they just shoved it at the end of the trailer and it's only party of the whole "Digital Deluxe" thing, which apparently also features bonus.... menu wallpapers.

Also not gonna lie, Battle Mode looks like it'll get old FAST, and the visuals look like Sonic Runners with custom OC characters :/ I'll probably be sticking to the co-op lol but I'll give that a shot

Edit: But also, Pinball Carnival looks great! The background is a lot more interesting than it looked in previous footage

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

Here’s a pic for the folks who missed it:
    EE44AA71-CDA0-4C63-9EDD-2D382F2FC4E4.jpeg
    I hate that this is in the digital deluxe package… but damn it they finally got me. I’ll finally be getting a digital deluxe for this. Sigh

5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Gonna be so cool playing as the rabbit skin:

[​IMG]

6. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Is the multiplayer split screen thing local? Or online with matchmaking?

7. Three says before Super Mario Wonder is actually insane.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Online, I'm guessing matchmaking is a no but who knows.

Edit: haHAA, now I'm the ninja :doge:

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Battle mode is online and local. Co-op is local only.

10. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I'm gonna buy both, and so are you. :P

11. Snowbound

Snowbound

I hope the gamescom demo is multiplayer as I’d love clarification on how the main campaign’s co-op works. I’m particularly curious if the screen splits if people move far enough away or if there are other things in place that mitigate the need for splitscreen (such as speed-caps and/or altered level design in co-op)

12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Definitely pre-ordering but not sure if I go physical or digital… want that rabbit skin for sure

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Actually shaking with anger over all that being yet another digital deluxe. I should expect them at this point but I really can't stand how they keep screwing over people that wanna buy physical because they wanna squeeze every penny out of every game.

Because of that, this has gone from day one to day whenever-down-the-road just like Banana Mania, Samba De Amigo etc..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  14. Sorry sir, there is a certain Spider-Man game on the 20th as well. I ain't got that much money.

15. Snowbound

Snowbound

This is a really important point: just because people WANT to buy 2 or more games does not mean they have the money to buy all of em.

16. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I remember seeing both confirmation of splitscreen and confirmation that the level design will not be altered in any way (as evident by the multiplayer ring dispensers still being in the singeplayer Speed Jungle demo). But I can't remember where, so I may be crazy

17. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    upload_2023-8-22_20-53-16.png
    metal knuckles is back, which is cool I always liked his design! so many deep cuts here, I'm guessing the Tails Doll is gonna show up too

18. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Hope these skins can be playable in the main story.

19. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    OH FUCK OFF
    20230822_152034.jpeg
    WHEN THE FUCK WILL YOU STOP SHOWING UP

in actuality I do not give a shit I just think it's funny they keep using it over and over

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I'll add my voice to those who are annoyed at the whole Digital Deluxe thing - it's an irritating trend to try and steer folks into buying games digitally by locking certain content into a digital-only bundle. Just make it an "upgrade pack" that owners of either digital or physical versions can get, for goodness' sake!

Having said that, I'll note that the Mecha Sonic costume parts are the only thing labelled as "exclusive" - this gives me hope that we're looking at a situation similar to Origins, where nearly all the Digital Deluxe content turned out to be also accessible via other means. At the very least, I expect the other LEGO character skins to be available separately, as they're literally named "fun pack" as if they're a separate item. If that and the rabbit skin are available individually, I'm not really cut up about missing anything else except the Mecha Sonic skin parts.

Interesting that the LEGO skins include Knuckles, though, as up to now all the announced LEGO content in this and other games has tied into the recently released LEGO sets. Gives me hope the rumoured two additional sets slated for early next year may not just be real, but also may include an actual Knuckles minifig...!