don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Stop it you, stop it :(

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This is the best comment I've seen the Sonic account make all month. I genuinely mean that. =P

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I swear, if we don't see Sonic with a personality like this in the next big Sonic game, I'll be so dissapointed. OMG THIS TWITTER ACCOUNT KEEPS FINDING NEW WAYS TO BREAK, MY, SIDES, just when I thought it peaked.

There's clearly more than one master of disaster behind this thing, and whoever all of you are deserve a fountain of homemade chili. This is the best thing going for the franchise right now.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    He strikes again. Masterful trolling here.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    And Jim Sterling's response:
    https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/626913066949713921
    https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/626913624171376640

6. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Sonic's next target should be Meek Mill. (If you guys follow hip-hop news, this comment is hilarious.)

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Good to see Sterling taking his burn in stride.

I do wonder what permissions/obligations he's been given outside just (obviously) promoting the brand. If anything, Ruby's just being him, saying it as he is, having fun and doing what the community's wanted for years: acknowledging the series has peaks and troughs but is full of hilarious history that's too good to pass up. And oh boy does he know his snoic history.

I hope he makes a ken penders joke somehow that he can get away with. Please. Oh god please.

EDIT: OR MENTION/THANK MARIOTEHPLUMBER OR SAMMYSONICFAN FOR THEIR ENTHUSIASM MY SIDES WOULD BREAK

8. If Ruby knows his Sonic stuff (and let's not be mistaken, he knows it pretty darn well), let me know when he mentions anything related to the good ol' Sonic cartoons like Adventures and SatAM.

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Nah, he should stay very far away from that mess.

Please Ruby, don't do this.

10. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    There's a pretty good chance he has his own group of evil geniuses to go to for ideas, (110% chance of them being from here too.) so I don't think we can provide any suggestions that weren't already thought about and dismissed. I'm just sitting over here spectating, waiting to see what happens next.

11. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

If Whattaburger and Canadian councilors can chime in and diss him, so can Sonic.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's probably best to keep the Sonic Twitter about Sonic instead of random controversies. :v:

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's only funny if the brand is perceived as being self-aware. Once you start getting out of that sphere, it gets really cringe-y really fast. Like how certain brand items try to comment on the news but then wind up shooting themselves in the foot.

It's something some social media managers don't understand and believe that talking about vast topics will increase their brand exposure, but often times, it just annoys people since it's obvious. There's a delicate balance when interacting with your public. Ruby, at least, seems to have found the one for the Sonic account.

14. Retroman

Retroman

GameGrumps is so overrated to be honest. But I was surprised how they tweeted a haiku about it snowing on Mt Fuji from an episode.

15. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I second that the Sonic Twitter is already in a fair balance by staying in a Sonic fandom vacuum. Using it to share an agenda about unrelated topics would backfire in horrible, untold ways.

The account, as it is now, is a brilliant example of Social Media outreach to fans done right, or in this case, a safely guided gallery tour into the strange realm of disastrously glorious mashups, and absolutely baffling, nonsensical visual or animated imagery that leaves all those without its context searching themselves in an infinite mental void of unparadoxically wall-less psychological chambers representing the perceived inner mechanisms of the human mind, returning lost without answer or reason to its existence; I.e, the darker parts of the Internet.

Who knows which it is, but who cares, it's awesome and I need to stitch my sides back together.

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Since when was a social media icon branching out and tackling unrelated topics a good idea

Do you think the Dennys twitter should be talking about gay pride or whatever? Corporate recognition of unrelated global events is not a good idea; it'll feel ham fisted and out of place. Dennys did it right when it simply asked "if pluto were an egg would you eat it." Totally harmless and kind of funny. Sonic talking about a black eyed peas mashup? Related and hilarious. Shitting on people two-facedly calling the series trash? Related and an excellent comeback. Talking about some hip hop star for no reason but to start something? What the fuck

tldr Sonic twitter don't need to do anything its not doing unless someone calls the series out. If some rock star says shit about sonic, then thatll make more sense :V

[inlinespoiler](I still want a penders joke somehow)[/inlinespoiler]

17. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Okay, you guys don't think it's a good idea, cool.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Yeah, nothing makes video game related e-celebrities look pretentious and preachy than getting involved in things outside of the scope of video games.

19. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Please, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Even Sports Center covered it.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I don't think most of us follow Sports Center or other brands trying to be cool by referencing unrelated stuff, seeing how people here clearly don't like that. :v: