don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Blah blah desert event ends tonight.
    Blah blah don't blow your red rings just yet.
    Blah blah Big and Cream coming in the next three weeks, replacing Omega and Rouge

Blaaaaah blah irate Shadow fanboys don't get their recolored Super Sonic yet.

And the game still runs like dookie.

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Maybe it's because of all the Android skips, but I'm finding that Tails is my best character by a wide, wide margin. He can do everything the speed-types can and more, and power characters are really only good in their own level. Makes me really wish I had more than a snowball's chance of unlocking Rouge or Cream, but I am NOT treating this thing like a part-time job again like I did for Classic Sonic.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Rouge is the better unlock of her and Cream. The newcomers are Team Rose, and Amy isn't particularly good for the effort required to unlock her since she only boosts animals collected.

200 Red Star Rings, though.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

If you were lucky enough to get Amite-Style Amy, she get's double the animal boost (150% vs 75%) so there's virtually no point in both of them, kinda like Modern Sonic vs Classic Sonic (50% vs 150% distance bonus). The animal boosts go great with the Magic Lamp/Rappy buddies and the Skull Chao.

Still though, Team Dark with their 75% raw score bonus is the best. The game even refers to Rouge as an "Elite Fly Type".

5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    So my save has mysteriously disappeared, along with all of the insane amount of work I put into unlocking stuff. I don't suppose we have a way to edit saves for this game yet?

6. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    So they added Big, Cream and Silver to the game, but you don't get them in the roulette (Omega and Rouge are still there), you purchase them in the character selection screen each for 250 Red Rings or 5000000 normal rings. Their attribute is “Easy”, which reduces the game speed by 10% but halves your score. If you have two Easy characters it cuts speed by 19% but removes 75% of your score. Not really worth it in my opinion. :v:

7. Felik

Felik

Well it actually is a resourceful way to add difficuilty option to the game.

8. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    So we finally don't have to gamble for characters? Sign me up.

9. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    For these easy mode ones that massively reduce your score, and even then it costs the same as 5 roulette spins.

10. So we don't have to gamble for characters, but said characters would now make the game even more tedious? Makes perfect sense.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    So you want to have a slightly slower top speed and terrible score to get used to sonic runners? pay up 250 red rings fools.

This is how sega are treating this game? fuck off sega.

12. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Well...sort of. Silver, Cream, and Big are the only characters you can buy (at the moment?) - Rouge & Omega are still roulette-exclusive. (but maybe you knew that.) While "Easy" is probably gonna be garbage for anything except Special Stages, I find it hilarious that they put Silver as the slowest character type. There doesn't seem to be a date where you're unable to purchase them, which is good as I'm definitely not in a rush.

Speaking of Rush, I do wonder how they're gonna set Blaze up, because there isn't anywhere else she can fit that makes a whole lot of sense. She most likely won't be a Speed character

13. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    They should really switch Amy with Silver. It makes no sense for one of Team Rose's characters to be separate.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >have 525 red rings

...Could do it. I like the special stages because of how easy it is to get red rings without triggering boss stages.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Boss stages aren't so bad when you've levelled up a lot and have the right buddies. I use Sonic, Wizard Chao, Caliburn, two Wisps and an invincibility.

The battle starts and Caliburn attacks 3 times (more if you're a higher level), then I activate the Wisps for a further two hits. After that it's the invincibility which will last for 90 seconds at max level with a max Wizard Chao. That should be enough to beat the boss, but on the very off chance that it isn't, you can use a free ad-revive, which nets you a shield which will see you have to plenty of time to turn things around. If you are really worried there's the character swap item too for 4000 rings, but I don't ever use it on bosses so it's a bit of a waste.

16. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Why wouldn't Blaze be a Speed character? She's one of the fastest characters in the series.

17. Felik

Felik

I think he meant "hero"

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Got promoted to C*, and did a run for shits and giggles.

Now sitting on a 14 million bombshell at the top of my league. Sharha is hilariously overpowered on fly stages, and it feels good that those are the ones I decided to focus on playing (because they're easier, full of gems, and the fly powers work wonders as get out of jail free cards when lag spikes hit later.)

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    >collect rewards from Desert event and league rankings
    >get enough Red Rings for two spins
    >get Rouge and Omega immediately

WTF, I wanted Classic Sonic when he was available. Oh well.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I got an 18 million high score on the previous ranking period and got demoted from S*** to S**. Once you're in S***, you'll only get demoted if you're in 39th or worse.

Shit's gonna get real.