don't click here

Sonic Regen's GAME OVER

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MarkeyJester, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. The system service.

I'm helping him out (or trying to) so you guys can stop nagging at the fact that having a backup is important.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    That wasn't the reason why I said that statement was stupid.

This is.

3. Chaosdynasty

Chaosdynasty

The Elite Master of Nothingness. Member
    I'm not a hacker or anything, myself, but just as a bit of advice, this is what I do with all of my files. I usually have two backups. I keep one on my computer, but I also make a second one and put on an external hard drive that I keep unplugged, and hidden from others.

I'll download the hack when I get home. I don't think they'd like it if I downloaded it here at work.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    why is everybody giving me advice on backing up? I know what I should've done, it's too late for that now, I wanted advice on what should I do next, but I think I have it all wrapped up now, so just ignore this topic, it's old news =P

5. Chaosdynasty

Chaosdynasty

The Elite Master of Nothingness. Member
    Why are we giving advice? Because it's pretty much the only way that we can help, at least in my case. I, for one, would hate to see it happen in the future, and would take any steps to prevent it. Just my thoughts though.

As for your worries about processing power, I don't really know it this will help, but if my compter runs slowly, I usually up my virtual memory settings, and it works. That's just what happens with me though.

6. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    If we continue with the "making several back-ups" topic, then we should also say to have back-ups on servers too (or at least on different buildings). Why? Well, there's little point in having lots of back-ups just to find out your house burns up or something and all the drives get lost anyways. But then there's the chance you get hacked, the server does too and all back-ups are deleted. Um... Ultimate backing up is impossible =P

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    soniNeko's source is backed up on my FTP and on both of my internal hard drives. I will copy it on my external hard drive as soon as I stop being lazy. Puto also has a copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.