don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's a remix game, they can pull things from Ristar and call it a day, it's not Sonic Generations guys.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    No I mean, I recall them specifically mentioning only zones from those games would be included in the roster.

3. Basically. Japanese-made games or bust.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Doesn't stop them from adding stuff from other games into those zones. They didn't need to include Knuckles Chaotix zones to include the blue ring monitor. :v:

5. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    You guys ever heard of a false equivalency? Obviously they are only choosing zones from Sonic games, and you know that...

6. I know I've said it before, but Stealth and Taxman must be having a lot of fun watching everybody make guesses and try to figure Mania out before it's released.

HEY STEALTH!!! TAXMAN!!! Any comment about being on the developer side of a speculation thread and seeing all this?

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I assumed the discussion was alluding to entire zones from those games being added, not elements and references. :specialed:

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That still surprises me. That item only existed (or was used in at least, it was buried in Sonic CD) in one obscure ass game. I wonder why they never used that item again, it's pretty useful.

Also can we please get a release date?

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    By the way, if Ice Cap is indeed added, and we can have act/zone transitions (à la AIZ1 -> AIZ2 on fire), I really wish they can pull something creative such as having the snow melt for some reason (e.g. one of Robotnik's spaceships taking off), and revealing Aquatic Ruin below the snow. But basically any smooth act/zone transition would be welcome, S3&K was a good start, but I'd like to see it raised to 11 and have transitions everywhere.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ice Cap is clearly just Lava Reef before it erupts :specialed:

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    If Ice Cap is going to transition to Lava Reef I can envision this would be an amazing opportunity for some descending level design, speedrunning down erupting shafts with lava coming after you, have snow cooling lava to create new terrain and maybe in the middle of this transition have hot springs with plumes shooting you up into the air instead of standard springs.

12. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    But they're on different islands. :v:

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Did we have any recent news as of late (other then revealing the Switch port)? I can understand not pulling a generations and revealing every zone before launch but I think its about time something new was shown off.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Given how close we are to launch, frankly at this point I'd rather NOT see anything new.

15. Felik

Felik

I second this. I can't help myself and not spoil the surprise so I wish Tax and co just announced Steam release date so I could finally preorder the game.

16. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'd like one more zone revealed before release (preferably one of the re-imagined levels), but I wouldn't want anything else spoiled.

They said there will be some news in March, so hopefully they'll reveal the release date then.

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I think the newest stuff we have so far was the one screenshot of GHZ act 2 a few pages back.

I'm just ready for this game to come out now

18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    I personally want to have a sneak peek of the water zone (I'm one of the fewest that enjoys the water zones when they're well designed, S3 Hydrocity and Pristine Palisade from Sonic Nexus comes to mind)

19. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah I'm with Overlord. Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon along with GHZ for the remixed stages is sufficient for me. I'd rather be delighted and surprised with the full game at this point as opposed to seeing a reveal of a new zone. I remember back when Sonic Adventure 2 was approaching release and IGN uploaded an entire playthrough of Green Forest and it kind of spoiled the experience for me. I remember only being surprised at Metal Harbour having essentially seen the entirety of Green Forest beforehand. Keep the mystery I say so we can surprised. Like back in the nineties when almost the entire game was new if you evaded magazines.

Looking forward to a solid release date now. Can't wait to see Mania's Steam page.

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Yeah, I'm content with just a release date given that the game can't be more than 3-ish months away. I don't mind spoilers quite as much as some might, but I'd be happy with a date alone if they could just give us that.