don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I think it depends. I have bought games that were region locked (latin america only) but i had other that were region free...

The Humble Bundle games aren't region lock.

2. MartiusR

MartiusR

Bundles (overall, not only HB - also Indie Gala, Groupees, Bundlestars and minor initiatives) are different case. They're (in big shortcut) worldwide offers, so they don't have region locks (sometimes there are some limits for excluded regions though, I remember that in case of some Bundlestars bundles there were such cases). A bit different are stores like Greenmangaming or Humble Store, which are in theory worldwide stores, but in practice they're using different currencies for various regions, and in effect also prices (and even availability of some single titles/limited in time discounts).

However, when we're talking about local stores and local offers (Amazon.com - american (don't know how about british version) Nuuvem -brasilian etc.) they're selling region-locked games, depending on the developer (Capcom is very good example, 2K games from Amazon.com have since about 1,5 year region lock; while quite many indie-games are usually region-free). In case of Sega (approximately) since Alien: Isolation region lock is used quite often (Sonic: Lost World was also sold with region lock). This region lock is especially used in case of games, which are sold in better price than in "expensive" regions (so it's especially troublesome for buyers from Europe, since region locks are used for such regions as South America, Russia and even North America - yep, games in USA are cheaper in comparison to european prices).

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm not buying a game for a console I don't own, so no Collectors Edition for me I guess.

To whoever had the idea of not releasing the PC bundle in Europe: You suck and should be ashamed of yourself. =P

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Available again on Amazon France! Quick, grab one! :)

5. Unreality

Unreality

The Collectors Edition back in stock at Amazon UK for both consoles. I can't see it lasting very long!

6. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The title theme for Mania reminds me a lot of Mega Collection Plus's theme, which I like a lot.

I was just looking at trailers again and Mania is just so beautiful, the gods have truly shined on the Sonic fandom :specialed:

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    nah

8. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    You're bluffing. We all know it's getting announced at the Sonic 38th Anniversay party in Maine.

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member

And done!
    Thank ye! ^^

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Spanish preorders opened a few minutes ago. Already out of stock at PS4. Xbox One is still there, but not for a long time, I guess.

PD: Ps4 version back in stick. Probably some sort of bug at Amazon or something.

11. Deef

Deef

Nearly 3 months since reveal.... Taxman, guys, plzzzzz... new content for us to pick at? :3

12. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'm in the opposite camp, the less shown off before release, the better. I want to be surprised at every turn. I mean, I'll be actively avoiding whatever does pop up, but still.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'd rather not see too much before launch either, but still, I would like to see a new trailer at this point.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Basically this. SEGA, and the industry at large to be honest, has got this horrible habit of showcasing virtually the entire content in trailers months before release. It's one thing to trickle out new bits of info every few months and ramp it up a bit as the release date draws closer, but it's another to leave absolutely nothing to surprise. I mean, what's the point? Games are so much more fun when you don't know what they're going to throw at you. I'm going to buy most Sonic games regardless, so I really don't need to see everything it's got to offer. That just kills the fun.

But yeah, it's a very short three months since the reveal and I'm totally ready to see something else now.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Honestly, with generally how short classic Sonic games are, I'd much rather just stick to the content we have now and not a trailer revealing anything else. I'd be fine with a public demo of the 25th Anniversary party build and call it good until right before release.

16. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'd like (brief) footage of maybe two or three other zones prior to release, but no more. This doesn't need to be like Sonic 4 where they revealed every zone (apart from the final level). Just show us a few stages to wet our appetites and some footage of Tails & Knuckles.

I'd actually prefer to know virtually nothing about Mania's story until I play the game. I want to be surprised. I'd be impressed if Mania's story is better than Sonic 3&K's.

17. Flygon

Flygon

I'd like as much as possible to be a mystery, myself.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    If they say the game is bigger than Generations, then I can see them revealing another original zone and another returning zone sometime before or at Christmas time.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I typically don't mind when publishers show us everything about a game before it comes out, as there are very few games I actually trust now a days and I want to know if I'm going to like it. For once I actually do trust everyone involved to make a fun game, but now I'm in 6 year old I'm impatient mode and want to know more.

I'm torn :colbert:

20. MartiusR

MartiusR

I'm rather fine with (potential) possibility that we won't see much more before April/May(?) 2017. Only thing that I really would like to see before release are models of Tails and Knuckles - I'm really curious how they were re-done. Have hope that there are some chances for it.

However I'm more interested in other thing, non-visual. Numbers (how many new zones, proportion between those and rehashed old zones etc.). I've got to admit, that at this point (so long after initial hype) it may even influence on my decision about buying Mania (esp. when - near release date or later, with some discount).

Well, one good thing is that a bit earlier there will be Sparks' release, so I'll have something in the meanwhile to keep me occupied a bit :)

BTW - don't know if someone mentioned it already, but there is also Collector's edition of Sonic Mania (of course only PS4 and XBox One) available in german Amazon.