don't click here

Sonic Hacking Contest 2014 - Entries, Streams, Voting Live!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Whilst Thursday brought an announcement concerning something we didn't want to have in the contest, it shouldn't ruin the rest of the week. There's a few more days left to get your votes in for the Community Trophies.

Anyway, here is Friday's schedule which is essentially the last day with most of our regular streaming going on, as if you've been around for SomecallmeJohnny's and MegaGWolf's streams, mostly everything has been played, just some stuff left to go through as well as revisiting some entries worth playing again, depending on what the streamer has in plan. There will still be stuff going on Saturday, and Sunday will be when the results will be announced live, at the moment this is scheduled for 2pm EDT / 7pm BST in MegaGWolf's stream but this can change if needed. If you miss it, the results are always posted here after the show ends.

If you want stuff to look at whilst the streams aren't going on, check out some Hacking Contest reviews from Geek Critique and Tails' Channel.

? 11am EDT / 4pm BST until 2pm EDT / 7pm BST - SomecallmeJohnny Stream
    ? 2pm EDT / 7pm BST until 4pm EDT / 9pm BST Spanner Stream
    ? 4pm EDT / 9pm BST until 7pm EDT / 12am BST - MegaGWolf Stream
    ? 8pm EDT / 1am BST to 10pm EDT / 3am BST - Cobanermani456 and TailsChannel Stream
    ? 10pm EDT / 3am BST to 12am EDT / 5am BST - Radio Rev

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Question.

I got a buddy at SSMB whos also got a Retro account thats in Pending Limbo, and while that doesn't allow him to do much it did allow him to participate in the voting part of the hacking contest. but thanks to a jagwad trying to rig the contest it seems that Pending Approvals can no longer vote in the contest.

He understands why this was done but he wants to know if any of his votes counted towards the contest. so, do Pending Approval votes still count pre-contest rigging?

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    We have free slots that are two hours each that will be given to anyone on a first come, first served basis on Saturday as many of our streamers have finished up for the week. Please PM me expressing your interest, the time slot you want and your Twitch URL (we also support Ustream and Livestream for those not using the usual service). This is also being advertised on SSRG, and remember, the slots go to whoever gets it first, and they probably will be filled up very quickly.

? 11am EDT / 4pm BST until 1pm EDT / 6pm BST - amphobius Music Workshop
    ? 1pm EDT / 6pm BST to 3pm EDT / 8pm BST - Free Slot 1
    ? 3pm EDT / 8pm BST to 5pm EDT / 10pm BST - Free Slot 2
    ? 5pm EDT / 10pm BST to 7pm EDT / 12am BST - Free Slot 3
    ? 7pm EDT / 12am BST to 9pm EDT / 2am BST - Cobanermani456's Stream
    ? 9pm EDT / 2am BST to 11pm EDT / 4am BST - Cybernetic Outbreak Private Demo Workshop Display

4. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Due to technical difficulties and an oversight on my end, OBS failed to record my stream locally and Ustream did not record it either. For this I'd like to sincerely apologise for anyone who was looking forward to watching the recording. The stream also had a fair deal of technical difficulties with set up and could have gone better.

I will like to make up for my shortcomings by making a dedicated guide with other talented musicians within the community to make a comprehensive guide to making custom SMPS music for your ROM hacks which will eventually come soon. It's in its early stages and is planned to cover everything right from the beginning of the process of making a custom, and in several ways to do so.

I would like to say, however, that the end result of the stream did end up sounding great, and I'll be uploading that to my SoundCloud account some point tomorrow before the results show.

5. You-Are-Pwned

You-Are-Pwned

Thanks DalekSam for trying to save it anyway. As I was the person requesting the archiving I actually attempted to get the stream myself. The problem is, every time I try to download something from Ustream it ends up in horrible quality. So while was looking for a way to save it live and yadda yadda, I only managed to record the last part (duration is 30 minutes).

I uploaded that part on MediaFire (and the quality, again, is horrible). The audio, though, is in reasonable 128kbps.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?b73ikq4m0vht47d

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your tutorial!

EDIT: Had to upload to MediaFire instead of YouTube, because it just refused to convert it.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    All Community Trophy judging has now finished, if you forgot to vote, too bad. If you were unable to vote, chances are you were in the Pending Membership or Pending Approval groups, which were disabled from voting due to the vote rigging attempt earlier this week.

If everything goes to plan, the results show will be from 2pm EDT / 7pm BST in MegaGWolf's stream. However, if all judges have not completed their voting, the results show may be delayed or skipped altogether with the results being posted on the site as well as on Sonic Retro and SSRG as normal.

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    We will be starting shortly in http://shc.sonicresearch.org/stream/megagwolf

8. Felik

Felik

Is there a good way to download Sonic 2006 mod for Sonic Gens? Torrent link would be highly appreciated