don't click here

Sonic Hacking Contest 2012

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
  2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Where's Lunacy? I thought only fully private hacks were not allowed to take part in the community week, not partial private hacks as well. :S

3. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Partial-private meant that only screenshots and videos were available to the public, and not the game itself. That's why mine isn't there. Or am I missing the point?

Also, it looks like you can vote for the same hack more than once. Surely this is a bad thing and will affect the results? Say someone saw his hack on the voting poll, votes for it, refreshes, an votes again, etc. May need some sort of IP record, say if this IP address has already voted, not to let that IP vote again?

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Only public hacks were added to the polls as the public were able to download and play them.

The poll is set to record only one vote from each poll per IP. You could vote for the same hack in each poll, but you can't go back to vote for it again.

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Ah, good. I voted for one then realised I could vote for it again, but I never did try as I didn't want to abuse the system.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    There has been an issue with the D.A. Garden Community Trophy in that it was not showing up on the page so the poll was remade, you'll need to vote again.
    http://shc.sagexpo.org/trophies.html

7. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member

I love this entry. :D

8. dsrb

dsrb

Apparently Robotnik's been taking lessons from Moskito.
    [​IMG]

The edited bosses are very interesting.

Shame about the palettes and a lot of the grammar in-game. I know the latter is because of a language barrier, so I don't mean any offence; a proof-reader would be good, though :P. The former, however, are apparently deliberately bad as a ruse – but that's a joke that gets old fast, so I don't see any good reason that it was continued past the first level, never mind for the entire game.

Still, as I said, there are some very interesting new mechanics at work. I'm always a sucker for edited enemies/bosses. vladikcomper's other mini-hacks, usually focussing on one or two elements, have been pretty good, too. I'd be interested in a full game that combines various things and new levels.

9. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Voting for the Hacking Contest Community Trophies end at 00:00 PST. Please get in your results if you have not already.

The RESULTS SHOW will be LIVE on SAGE at 11AM PST / 2PM EST / 7PM BST. You can use this page or use this stream to listen to the results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.