don't click here

Sonic Gems Collection Revealed...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gamerguy, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    http://www.sonicworld.net/forums/index.php...t=0#entry130508

I based my comment on the new classic game as a rumor on Q&A from the EGM and Nintendo Power interviews. Both of them said that "Sega always looks for ways to please its fans." Given their track record, we can expect a port of Virtua Fighter Kids instead, but since the game itself was unexpected...anything's possible. =P

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    OOOH! I wonder if the new Sonic game will be any good (please, just this once). I would like to see all of the above, maybe even the PC / SAT version of Sonic 3D Blast, too, but I think it's just a pipedream...and Sonic CD might take up a bit of space with the soundtrack (what audio format would it use?) anyway, so it would be hard to fit S3D's on there too. I would probably buy it purely for the sake of SegaSonic arcade, methinks (special scrollwheel controller, anyone?).

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    OMG!!!! *dies*
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I am VERY looking forward to seeing that!

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not going to trust anything from Sonic World. Gimme an official article.

Also, how can anything be unconfirmed?! If you have a magazine, either it says something, or it doesn't! Sounds like bull.

5. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
  6. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Just before release, they will rename it to Sonic Mega Collection 2. Then port it to the XBOX and PS2 and call it Sonic Mega Collection 2 Plus with more stuff to make GC people mad.

I might get this game. But man, it'd be awesome if they allowed you to mix up the soundtracks on Sonic CD to customize the music. Unfortunately that'd take too much work for them and it'd be weird in some sense.

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Wow. I might get this one not by stealing from a friend.
    Didn't people say that about Sonic Heroes? =P
    Now I KNOW that's what Sega said about a Sonic game for the GBA. Then it happened, then you guys cried.
    You really want em to kill the classics? How about we suggest they make a Shadow game out of Sonic 2?

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    No, this was on CulT as well. It's real. I know it.

The things that interest me most is Chaotix, Fighters, and the brand new game. Hot damn! Maybe Sega doesn't suck anymore.

Heran: Project Shadow. =P

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Sure Project Shadow is cool when we do it. But I can see us all billowing if the Sonic Team did it.
    I'm looking forward to pretty much all of it besides the new one. As I said, sounds to me like another Sonic Advance.

10. Sky Shark

Sky Shark

Sonic 1 Rehash - I'm not saying its canned, I'm planning on some work on it this summer.
    Sounds cool. I hope the "new" Sonic game isn't just a revision of an old one. I hope that it is better than SMC. It would be nice if a PSP version came out as well.

11. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    I'll be willing to place money that this will be a shitty game and end up dissapointing the Sonic community like ST has so many times before.

12. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Unconfirmed = Rumors and Speculation. A lot of people discussed what they thought might be in Sonic Gems Collection when the copyright/trademark/whateveritscalled was registered. I added in a few of those ideas in the update for less-informed SWMB members.

Remember that this isn't Sonic Team - it's SegaSoft now, so we can expect to see big changes. Whether they're for better or worse is yet to be seen.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Mega Collection Plus feels as such a money rip off, like ICEknight said in some thread.

Emulating Sonic CD, holy shit. Who has done that emulator? And even an arcade emulator? WTF is this thing real? I know Sonic CD is real though.

The new Sonic game, I wonder if they decided to do a Sonic Advance port, or if it is an old beta Sonic game like we have requested so many times?

Well, don't get your hopes up. Sonic Team have sucked before and will probably do it again. It's all about money and nothing about us fans as usual.

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not a good idea to post rumors. I don't think we should expect any new sidescroller.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    What? SegaSoft who?

16. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Hmm true, but I for one liked Sonic Advance, but besides if this is running on GC hardware I imagine it'll be high detailed and stuff, it's hard to know what it'll actually consist of.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Eww!

If it's going to be Sonic Advance, at least make it Sonic Advance 2. Still too buggy to be fun.

I don't trust Dimps and those hidden developers who made Sonic Advance. It is no Sonic spirit what-so-ever, and the cartoon design makes me vomit. Not even high detailed cartoon design can get Sonic Advance to look good.

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I am on Rika's side.

Selling emulating ROMs is not what we want. And for gods sake Sonic CD has been sold for the PC. Nothing new!

19. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

They could be remakes. Sega neve said emulation in Gems Collection. Or was I not listening?
    Edit: If I'm going to use slang, I should take the time to spell it right, or not use it at all. =P

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sega is way to cheap to remake these games. Also, on the "Shadow the Hedgehog" preview they showed clips from both SCD and Sonic the Fighters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.