don't click here

Sonic games refuse to work on 64-bit?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well...its a Flat TV...maybe that has something to do with it...

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

What the fuck is a flat TV? I'm assuming you mean a flat panel monitor? If so I've never seen one that can't do 640*480, though most of them will stretch a 4:3 resolution to 16:9/10. An actual description of the problem more than "it doesn't like it" would help.

3. I am using an HDMI connection between my TV and my computer. It isn't a standard flat computer screen.

Whenever I use ANY program that requires a 640*480 window, the monitor won't display and loses the display signal. Not only that, but it won't revert BACK to normal resolution, even when hitting the Windows key or pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL.

So the only thing I can do then is simply reboot my computer and it will revert to the standard screen resolution.

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    This is a well-known problem with many HDTVs. They refuse to accept any signal that's even slightly different than what they expect. Unfortunately, there isn't really much you can do to fix it.

5. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    *throws up* This makes me want a new monitor even less now. I think I fix my CRT monitor and risk being electricuted then put up with one of those LCDs monitors stretching every 4:3 resolution it recieves.

6. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

CRTs go for peanuts now, you can even pick up the excellent old Apple displays with trinitron insides (I use them and they are of stunning quality). Just do your research and don't pick one with a Mac only ADC plug or one of the very old beige ones with a db-15 plug.

A good place to look at models is Every Mac

7. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    How about just running the equivalents in a Saturn Emulator? Sounds like your system will be good enough to handle it.

8. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    If you've got a recent nVidia card, this is a non-issue, because you can use the nVidia control panel to correct the aspect ratio. There were problems with this for some time, but they seem to have finally fixed it. I don't know if ATI cards have a similar feature.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Mine does, in the Catalyst Control Center.

10. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    And what you going to do when you have a Sega Dreamcast and VGA box like I do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.