don't click here

Sonic Fusion

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Felik, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Felik

Felik

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So Splash Hill is multiplayer only? I'm a bit confused as to what levels you've shown go to which mode/character.

3. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
  4. Felik

Felik

SH is both single player and multiplayer. All of the levels will be available for MP and SP. Currently I ported four of the levels to multiplayer modes.
    Also I'm gonna add some arenas.

5. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

Looks great, I'll check it out later today. :)

6. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Hmm, I noticed that the meter at the bottom seems to be entirely based on x-position. This is fine and dandy sometimes, but some paths are a bit back and forth and this doesn't do a good job showing that.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Alot of retail games use similar, inexact methods of position too. Fact of the matter is, it gets the job done fairly well.

I mean, he could go and put virtual checkpoints in specifically for the position meter, but that's alot of work...

8. Felik

Felik

Actually position meter does track you real progress in certain levels. That's just Splash Hill is so linear I didn't bother to do that.

9. Felik

Felik

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wait, why isn't this inside of the Fangames discussion forum? :psyduck:

Also, finally! An actual multiplayer Sonic experience I can enjoy!

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Topic was created prior to that forum existing, but let's fix that now... *waves mod wand*

12. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    MP looks fun. The level its self is designed better than the real thing. Solid presentation too.

13. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems a shame that the MP mode seems so heavily predicated on beating the shit out of each other.

I also think that it would be nice if the other player's sound effects were muted when they aren't onscreen, because the cluttered soundscape is really obnoxious.

Don't think I don't like it though, it looks awesome, I'm just focusing on the negative.

14. Felik

Felik

15. Tiyuri

Tiyuri

Really really enjoyed the multiplayer Felik, three of us just had a blast playing through the levels.
    Looking forwards to more content to make this really shine!

(also some resolution options if possible)

16. Miles3298

Miles3298

Alright, this is pretty sweet. Lost every match I played, but whatever.

Engine's great, but I hate those boingy things where you have to bounce just the right place to proceed in Splash Hill.

17. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    It looks great Felik, I've simple loved the multiplayer. The game runs smooth and the servers have no delays. Everything works fine and I haven't found any bugs on it... The multiplayer is freaking fun and the level design is a bitch (in the better way possible).

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Really liking the demo! It feels like a Sonic Advance/Sonic Adventure hybrid. I like the style of badniks, and the way you've created it to feel a lot like an extention of the Advance games. It was pretty mind boggling to me at first, I couldn't get the wall open, but realised I had to defeat the badniks. I've not played that sort of style in a while :v: When can we hear more on the game?

19. RedEnchilada

RedEnchilada

Green eyes? Green eyes! Member
    the soul, real talk
    secret option D) a fangame
    If you're in a channel waiting for people to join and you back out, could you please back out to the server chat instead of the server selection screen?

20. Felik

Felik

Yeah I'll do it in future releases.