don't click here

Sonic Freerunner

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Azookara, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Plans are this:

Beat game without emeralds: Knuckles collects them all, who gullibly gives them to Robotnik for some money (you know he could go with some stuff on his island to keep him entertained). Robotnik then pushes Knuckles out of the way (leaving Knuckles without money), and flies back to Angel Island, stealing the Master Emerald (Knuckles just left it there, and he didn't have enough space to keep it with him since he was carrying the emeralds). Then Robotnik uses both the Master Emerald and the Chaos Emeralds to dominate the world, leaving the bad ending.

Beat game with emeralds: Sonic has them all, Knuckles comes up sad and empty handed, and Sonic ends up "saving the day". However, Robotnik at the last second snatches the emeralds and attempts to take over the world anyways, but Knuckles has the Master Emerald with him (he wouldn't have had enough space to hold it if he did have the Chaos Emeralds), so Sonic, Tails and Knuckles chase down Robotnik trying to use it's power to nuetralize the Chaos Emerald energy and stop him. However as a last minute resort Robotnik tries to manipulate the emerald power himself, thus being wrapped in a mecha suit and Chaos energy, thus making him Super. He then starts to use this chaos energy to warp the planet into his image and cause (expectedly) utter chaos. Knuckles tries to call the emeralds to order with the Master Emerald, but nothing is working because Robotnik is causing too much turmoil. Sonic decides to take action, uses the Master Emerald's energy, becomes Hyper Sonic, and goes to fight him. Final boss begins.

Oh yeah, and I updated the OP.

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water

Something about this doesn't really sit right with me. Knuckles may be gullible, but I'm sure he has some kind of sense of honor, so I don't see him getting bribed into giving Robotnik the most powerful items in the world. However I do see this happening with Nack or something though.

3. Impish

Impish

I think we'll have a middle man, someone evil who knuckles hasn't met in the games. Like Fang/Nack, Bean and Bark or some comic villain. We should have cameos from different sonic medium (comics, tv, games) villains for challenge bosses and villains for hub mission.

4. Knuckles collects them all, for use in Robotnik's new machine which grants anyone the use of the emeralds' power.

Robotnik then pushes Knuckles out of the way (giving the power to himself)

Or this.

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Again, I don't think Knuckles would allow anything like that.

Now, if Robotnik lied to him and said he'd seal them in a bomb-proof safe...

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Knuckles does not need a device to use the emerald's power. ( or did I miss something?)

How about this: Sonic and Knuckles meet and argue about who should keep the emeralds, and they begin to fight. While they are both distracted from fighting each other, Robotnik attacks them both at once, taking them by suprise, and knocks the emeralds out of them. He then proceeds to steal them.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sounds like what happens in SA1. Or we could go the route of Sonic and Knuckles. They fight each other, and while they're fighting Robotnik comes in and steals it while they're busy kicking the crap out of one another

8. Impish

Impish

Hmm, maybe knuckles could be the boss for Angel Island Zone....Maybe we could make it an actual challenge...
    Well anyway I just remembered about Metal Sonic. I'm wondering whether his fight will be in a mech or just Sonic versus vanilla Metal Sonic.
    EDIT:
    I just re-read it and theres a few bits I reckon need improivng. My original idea was that Robotnik gets the emeralds at Angel island whether you collected them or not.
    If not he gets them through knuckles, and you get bad ending.
    If you got them you fight with Knuckles as Angel Islands Boss .After that Robotnik collects the emralds and flies down to robotropolis, where you run around trying to catch Robotnik before he can use the emeralds. Eventually you are held up by Metal Sonic whom you fight as the main boss of robotropolis. After beating him Robotnik shows up telling sonic that his emeralds are to far away to get, and then the egg hangar, which was just a building in robotropolis before this, launches from the ground and robotnik flies off after it.
    Sonic gives up in anguish, telling tails that if they could even get onto the egg hanger in the tornado, it would be too late because robotnik has the chaos emeralds. At that point Knuckles, who finally got the plot, flies down to Sonic and Tails and gives them the Master Emerald, believing that it's power might be able to counter the Chaos emeralds. Sonic and Tails fly up to the egg hangar and complete the first act(the only one for Sonic). They meet Robotnik in the bridge and he then brings out the chaos emeralds, which orbit around him, and start to expand, forming into a mecha shape built around Robotnik. soon the completely envelope him and finish transforming.
    Sonic tells Tails to try and destroy the egg hangar, setting up act two as a tails exclusive(at least for story mode). Sonic brings out the master emerald and it sends multi coloured beams of light out of it, mostly hitting sonic, and he transforms into hyper sonic. Chasing sonic into space Eggman fires everything he has as the two duel. After defeating eggman sonic de-transforms and glides around sky area trying to collect the 8 emeralds (including the master emerald) in a short mini game, dodging asteroids, bits of the egg hangar and flying badniks.
    Eventually sonic lands in the sea ,and a shadow appears above him, angel island is crashing right into the ocean around him! he transforms into super sonic using the chaos emeralds, and uses all of his strength the throw the master emerald at the crashing island. it crashes through the rock underneath and lands in some part of the island, giving it the power to start flying again. Soon tails comes in the tornado and picks sonic up.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I still feel like the Chaos Emeralds are being a little too forced when put this way though; especially considering that they will be optional and in special stages, and there are only seven special stages before Egg Hangar (note that there's only one super ring in each of these first seven zone's hubworlds). Egg Hangar is te eighth stage which occurs with all the emeralds. It wouldn't seem right at all for Eggman to get all the emeralds at Angel Island; not just for the fact that the emeralds will be optional to gain, but that it's only the sixth stage. There wouldn't be any way you'd be able to get all 7 of them by then anyways, since at most by then you'd have 6 of them. Having Eggman suddenly swipe all the Chaos Emeralds in Angel Island wouldn't just not make sense, but it'd hinder your usage of the special stages in both Angel Island and Robotropolis. So really there'd be no way you'd be able to collect them all. The point was that Eggman steals them all by Egg Hangar, when you've already had your chance at nabbing them all.

And Knuckles joining in to give powerful jewels to Eggman is simple to explain: Knuckles is a humorous character; not because he's stupid or because he's gullible. It's because he only takes things into thought the first time around, sticks with it, and goes to work. Why was Eggman able to trick Knuckles into thinking Sonic was the bad guy in S3K? Because he convinced him, "hey look he has emeralds I don't", and Knuckles went to work to stop him, not even thinking that Eggman could possibly be the bad guy since he was the one putting animals as slaves into robots, or that the emeralds were really his or not. This is what I think of Knuckles in this story. Knuckles wants some possessions around his Master Emerald altar to keep him company. Eggman announces the treasure hunting contest, and he goes to do it so he could get those possessions; not taking into thought that Eggman is a bad man and will do bad things with those emeralds. I just thought it was simple humor that worked as a plot device for a bad ending, but I guess no one caught on like I thought.. :/

And I wanted Sonic to go to Angel Island only to find that Eggman sent down a Metal Knuckles (ala the one from Sonic R) trying to snatch the emerald behind everyones back, and Sonic takes it down, wondering "why isn't Knuckles here protecting this?". Of course, Metal Knuckles would be a miniboss and not really the stages big boss (I'm thinking of that being a chase scene version of the boss from AIZ of Sonic 3.. You know, the one that hides behind waterfalls and comes out shooting fire?).

10. You are correct, however I have not seen Super Knuckles referenced anywhere else besides S3K, so I feel like there should be some other explanation as to why he has never gone super in modern games.

If that does not sit well, (expanding on your idea) what if Knuckles snatches up the emeralds because he doesn't trust Sonic with them anymore? - Maybe he disagrees about the security methods which Sonic has chosen to protect them? Now the emeralds are out of the special stages, and Robotnik seizes the opportunity with (insert giant menacing robot). This way, Knuckles does not seem so blatantly stupid because this was his decision alone and was not necessarily fooled in any way. Admittedly this is still a stupid move to take them out of the special stages, but its not as stupid as stealing them for money. Sorry Azukara. lol

11. Tidbit

Tidbit

*sigh* Why does there have to be such a complicated story line? I'll ask you all a question:

Why were old Sonic games so fun to play?

There only one simple answer : Simplicity. Sadly many people don't realize this, and stuff like this happens. And why alot of the new sonic games aren't that great. Story like a good game engine is Everything in a game. What needs to be happening here is going back to the basics of story making. In the original Sonic The Hedgehog, the story was simply built like this:

Introduce Hero
    A bit of background info on where Hero lives and characteristics....
    Introduce Villain.
    Background on what villain is doing.
    How Hero will stop Villain.

That simple formula is why Sonic used to be hugely popular, and why Mario still is. See complicity ruins fun, where as simplicity increases fun. Note that I'm not saying every games story is based of that formula, in sense they are built on a advanced version of the formula to fit the game. If you want a good story play through all of TOS Sonic games. And if you do, that little formula will shine on through all the things that are going on.

Hopefully all of this wont be ignored and bad story ideas will continue to be built upon <_<.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I was trying to keep te story simple, but it seems the story is getting a little complicated. I was trying to keep things simple by keeping the explantion behind Knuckles' actions to be silly, but for some reason it needs a giant explanation >_> No offense though, guys, just remember what Tidbit said: simplicity is key.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You can have a complicated story if you want, dude. Fuck what other people think. I'm not particularly against a deep story in a Sonic game as long as it makes sense canonically.

14. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    What Tweaker said.

Also, isn't this your project? Feel free to have a little spine and "Screw you guys, I do what I want." occasionally. :v:

15. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Yeah, just don't have Tweaker's amount of spine and go off screaming "FUCK YOU IT'S CANCELED!!!" every five suggestions.

16. I think after that you're cancelled :colbert:

EDIT: So that this post contributes more than just the obvious. Way to go make fun of the guy that helps make some of the best fangames ever. And waytogo take one situation and take it out of context.

17. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    You know, I've seen that posted so many times and I still have no idea what the story behind it is.

On topic though, I'll just echo the "do what you want, it's your game" sentiment. However it'd be nice if there wasn't too many cut scenes, or pages and pages of text to tap through. If you could tell the story in game, with less of these things, it'd work pretty well I think.

18. Impish

Impish

Well I wanted to make it complicated by making it simple. Basically I wanted to roll 3 or 4 simple, connected storylines into one larger story. Basically those stories were to be
    1: The Chaos emerald Hunt
    2: the reason for all of my suggestions of villain cameos was going to be that there was an unexplained mass breakout of the prison on sonic's planet that meant that villains were going to be all over the place, and you had to beat them in a competition, and then you would take them to jail. This was going to be the backstory for the mission gameplay,
    3: Knuckles was also hunting for the chaos emeralds. Because I hadnt written much on that azukara came up with a plan.This seems to be a source for contention between azukara and some other members of the community, so I'm going to take the ideas that everyones said for knuckles and come up with something everyone will be happy with.
    4: The last story, which explains the other stories, why eggman needs the emeralds, who broke in to the prison and why, and eggmans connection to knuckles wanting the emeralds. This story is the one I've worked most on, but have had to change because of level stuff.

If you want we can cut out the knuckles and prison side stories, which in my opinion would be the best if you want to be very simple. If we want to be quite simple just get rid of the prison story line. Basically I don't mind, although I'd like people to stop complaining on aspects of the story, it's just a game folks, the story can't effect it if the game is good enough.

19. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    From Sonic Megamix, it's called a "Tweaker Tantrum".

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't know what you guys are going on about, but I made the full decision this would be simple long ago. I just saw Tidbit take my words right out of my mouth right as I was fixing to post, and I just decided I was too lazy to write it all again whenever it was right above my post. Not to say I don't appreciate you guys trying to help me up, but just sayin :v:

But of course I wanted simplicity. If S3K and the NSMB games could go with a simple storyline and greatly succeed, then why couldn't this? I mean, sure, I'd like to see Sega do a somewhat complex storyline correctly, but it has such a higher ratio of being unnecessary and tedious rather than being decent. Sonic just works with the former....

..although I am interested with your concepts, Impish. I did the Knuckles thing the way it was because I wanted some simple humor in the story, and I wanted a proper and simple way of explaining why Knuckles is included in the game. As for the whole "prison escape" dealio, I'm not so sure on the idea. Really, I don't see why the story needs it, because first and foremost it would require thecreation of A LOT of models for the game, and also that it'd sort of be filling up the game with tons of characters (something I intended not to happen in this game). I thought the proper excuse for racing missions and minibosses were that they would be run by Badniks built for the occasion (something like an ordinary Metal Sonic for racing, and Scratch and Grounder for controllingthe miniboss cockpits). Yes, I just said "ordinary Metal Sonic". This is becase I'm thinking of the Metal Sonic you fight in Robotropolis would be the Mecha Sonic from S3K.

And the reason I find it hard to stand on my own would be because the difference between this project and pelikan13's awesome game is that I'm not the one creating all the stuff, while he is. I'm just leader, concept creator, and project coordinator. He's making everything we saw (besides the initial programming).