don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
  2. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Knuckles' new voice surprised me the most, as it sounds like adult Gohan, and it works. I'm sure because it's the same VA, whatever the story behind it though, it's alright. Wave's voice doesn't suck either, surprisingly.

Jet, Amy, Shadow, Rouge all blow. Jet sounds like Neil Goldman from Family Guy, Amy like...yeah Minnie Mouse, Shadow sounds like he has this ever so slight spanish or transylvanian accent, and Rouge's character is completely lost with this new voice. It's a generic sort of sultry. Sure, the last voice actress seemed to put inflections on words that made her delivery really awkward and it's not a realistic voice for a character that's like 18 or 19, but she had the right timbre, as did Minelli. Minelli's delivery was a bit more theatric than both her successors, and I miss that.

Vector and Storm's voices suck, no surprise.

3. I like the new voices, except Vector, Amy, and Shadow.

I'm glad Rouge sounds more like her SA2/Heroes voice than her 4kids voice.

4. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Shadow sounds mildly latino, but then he's also got that smooth sinister lisp from his SA2 days. I like it. It's not Griffith's impression of McGruff, which is an improvement. Not sure whether I'd enjoy the game, but for my money it looks pretty damn good.

The Kinect, though? Not sold yet. That thing needs more than Child of Eden and Free Riders to hook me in.

5. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    For me, The problem with Storm's voice both then and now is that it never sounded naturally deep: It sounded and still sounds like someone desperately trying to bring out a low voice rather than someone like John St. John who has that sort of voice normally.

I like Knuckles more than expected, Amy's...as explained, the rest I don't really have much to say about at this time.

6. serpx

serpx

It'd be really cool if someone could record some lines from each character who has a particular new voice actor. No way I'm paying 150 dollars, plus the 60 or whatever, for a shitty game just to hear voices.

7. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Michelle Ruff has confirmed she's playing Cream, so yay~

So far we know 100%:

Sonic- Roger Craig Smith
    Tails- Kate Higgins
    Big- Kyle Hebert
    Cream- Michelle Ruff
    Omochao- Laura Bailey

And not confirmed but likely:

Knuckles- Travis Willingham
    Shadow- Kirk Thornton

8. Y'know, if we're trying to figure out who the voice actors are, we could just get someone who has the game to watch the credits...

Also I'm hoping someone will upload the cutscenes to YouTube. I kinda want to watch those.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Not trying to figure them out, I mean these voice actors have confirmed they're doing the roles from answering fan email, on Facebook, publicly, etc:

Sonic- Roger Craig Smith
    Tails- Kate Higgins
    Big- Kyle Hebert
    Cream- Michelle Ruff
    Omochao- Laura Bailey

^Those are set in stone.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Man, this Thornton guy's got a shitload of roles under his belt. Hajime Saitoh from Rurouni Kenshin, Guile from that Street Fighter II anime, Jimmy the Hand from Return to Krondor. Quite a pedigree.

Yeah, he oughta make a fine Shadow. Griffith got good, but I still liked Shadow's first voice compared to his. Thornton comes pretty close to it.

11. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    So GT reviewed it. Gave it a 4.7 or something.

It also contains the first of sure to be many "why is Sonic on a hoverboard" comments.

12. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Jeez, could Jet sound any more like Buster Bunny?

13. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Kinect is going to be released here in Brazil November 18th (after the release of Sonic Colors, heh), and it is priced R$599.00 (around U$239.00). Jesus Christ, expensive in comparision. Then again, it's not so expensive at all. There's a guy who owes me some money, and my cousing brought a new, unused, jtag-able, Jasper 360 from me for her husband, and also owes me money. That being said, I finally made up my mind and I decided to get Kinect with such money. Good that Kinect will only be released here on day 18th, because it gives me enough room of time to actually receive such money.

So, I'm really actually going to buy Kinect... even after my whole experiences with the 32X... who knew? :v: Then again, Knuckles' Chaotix turned out to be my favorite Sonic(?) game ever; maybe Sonic Free Riders will turn out to be of some significance to me? + - Chances are: not likely...  

Knowing my luck, Kinect will probably flop. The Kinect won't flop because I'm buying it; the fact that I'm going to buy it will make it flop, as in, I have a special hidden power that makes every console add-on go unsuccessful upon buying a unity of the product.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, but I'm not going to buy it because of Sonic Free Riders. It looks awful to play. Guess Dance Central will be interesting, though.

14. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    G4TV's Review, basically positive. Says, like the others, the Kinect controls are dodgy; but when the game works (according to the reviewer, about 80% of the time), it's a blast to play.

15. Well, many poor souls played through the entirety of Sonic 06 to record all of the cutscenes, so I have faith that those suckers brave gamers will do the same for Free Riders so the masses won't have to play it.

16. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    From what I've been hearing, the game would have been great with better controls. It's a shame, eh? They might have made a really good Riders game for once.

17. Eh? I thought the other two were pretty good. Doesn't sound like this has any real superiority, aside from maybe the new items, over the original.

18. I liked the first Riders. If this were playable with a controller it could be great.

Although I'd really prefer an on-foot Sonic racing game, like Sonic R (but GOOD this time).

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sonic R was awesome.

20. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

OK, so talked to my friend BoyleVoices or SonicBoom771 you guys might know of him. He beat the game and everything this morning and he noted Silver sounds exactly the same to him, but he hasn't tried Blaze yet, may tomorrow. He also says if no one has done it by tomorrow he'll upload the CG Opening to the game as well as the ending boss with the cutscenes before and after and the full main theme.

However he doesn't want to upload all the cutscenes because he says the story is pretty terrible and not really worth it as it amounts to them badmouthing or complimenting each other without any real substance.

Also he got the achievement for getting all the characters and he has seen no Big the Cat in the game. He might be a cameo but we're thinking Hebert mixed up Free Riders with another project he voiced. Now I don't think he's in Colors, so could it be something else...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.