don't click here

Sonic Fan Games (The older ones)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by DC.17, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Well damn, Heart of The Hedgehog is in there o0
    Pity the links don't work, my old site is up but I doubt anyone would play it (though I'll fish the link if asked)
    Back then I was just throwing stuff from random libs together and hoping someone would like it

Also, while working on Blast From The Fast before I gave up on fangame making I got this guy to remix the theme from Time Attacked. I don't have the mp3 anymore but for some reason it eneded up in someone's Warcraft Raid video

2. Oh man, I remember when I used to play Magicgrafx's games. Good times.

3. Saidian

Saidian

England
    So yeh, found the remix to Time Attacked on an old CD. Was made by SilverDragon on the Gaming Universe forums back in 2006

http://www.mediafire.com/?v5lqvjs24f0y3m6

Enjoy

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Whatever happened to Chaos Control? That game looked like it was going to be awesome.

5. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    God, how did I NEVER see this topic until now?!
    Those were some good times back then, I couldnt get 90% of the games to run back when, but those I could, played like crazy. Any chance that anyone that still has these packs could upload them again? The original links no longer work.. :(

6. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
  7. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Thank you! Feel a little stupid now not even thinking of checking the very site these came from though. :specialed:

8. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    I need to register an account and possibly pay money to use this link. Do you think you could upload it somewhere else? :v:

9. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    WOW, no other posts around here for a few months? Well I think I can change that...

Introducing Manic Team! They were a team of two (or more) guys who made a few Sonic fan games as well as a KOF beat em up and games based off of some fan characters these guys made. The most noticable games they made were Neo Sonic 3 and Neo Sonic Godspeed, and while they are dated games, for the time they were okay. They're last post was I believe 2007 or so, with them working on NSGS2, but after that they vanished, the last time I checked they were doing their own original game in progress (one NOT based off of a fan character), but I have no idea where the link for that is and I can't find anything about that game online (since I don't remember what it's called or anything). I believe all their games are up except Sonic Raiden, if anyone can find that for me I'll be very greatful.

I barely remember these games but the ending for NSGS was shocking to say the least. Shame they never did that whole trilogy thing they were planning but maybe it's for the best I suppose. By the time Godspeed came out a little while after that fan games (and hacks for that matter) REALLY started to up the quality and be more like the Genesis games (or should I say the Advance games most of the time). I don't know if GS2 would have even been able to match the games (or should I say demos) that came out later on, but I thought it would have been nice.

So if anyone has information about Manic Team let me know! Also check out the games if you can, at least Godspeed because the ending I think is pretty worth going through the whole game.

Also can anyone tell me whatever happened to Neo Sonic 1 and 2? I'm pretty sure those game will proabably suck but I NEVER found them even way back when, I'm just curious what those games are like.

Edit: Okay I found the game one of these guys released lately, here it is. It's called BANZAI PECAN: Last Hope for the Young Century, it looks like a pretty cool beat em up.

10. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Is anyone able to get Sonic in Chaotix working for real hardware?? :(

11. SupaNeo

SupaNeo

Great Britain
    LSL Scripting
    I was one of the devs on that game along with Mj2. There were a number things going on behind the scenes which delayed its release but ultimately our personal lives took too much time away from working on it. There was a never-publically-shown "reboot" that I was initially responsible for under the working title of "Legacy", but once again we found ourselves unable to continue. We were mocked a lot for missing the release dates, but rightfully so. Typing this up has actually brought back a lot of fond memories.

12. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Hah blimey, that does drag up some old memories. I also worked on that game briefly in the earlier stages, mainly doing artwork and the codec animations. Most time spent on it when I was helping out was put into elaborate long trailers more than the actual game haha.

13. SupaNeo

SupaNeo

Great Britain
    LSL Scripting
    I remember you GagaMan! I accidentally managed to stumble into you at Summer of Sonic '11 I think it was. Your art always did make the trailers run two minutes longer, haha~

14. Perfect Chaos Zero

Perfect Chaos Zero

Notoriously Inebriated Oldbie
    http://sonicunited.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5718-fan-games-anyone-want-to-revisit-the-past/page-9#entry158337

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Vinny from vinesauce goes through some of the older Sonic fan games in a little bit of a sampler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwoJ6NmDL-I

Oh the days before Sonic Worlds and competent engines.

16. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

The worst part is that I actually played a good bunch of those as a kid. These and some other awful obscurities that I played at the time. If anyone ever wants to check them out, I could upload them, because some of them were just so buggy and with a weird concept too.

17. What was the one Sonic fangame that had the Angel Island Remix from SSBB? IIRC it came out in 2007-08, I've recently tried to find it but no luck.

18. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Actually disappointed the fangame (Sonic Last Strike) I finished when I was 12 (half my lifetime ago) didn't appear.

Then again, that one did have a tendency to crash on anything not running Windows XP...

19. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Are you perhaps thinking of BlitzSonic? (Finding a video of the unmodified old version was a pain in the ass)

20. That's exactly what I'm thinking of! Jesus christ the memories!