don't click here

Sonic Extreme

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I read somewhere that the Xbox version had indeed been planned and cancelled. If you don't mind my asking, what makes your version 'almost fully' playable? I'm curious to know. :)

Welp, I just bought the second eBay listing. I chose expedited shipping and it came out to $12, same as the first listing anyway. :v:

Aaaand before I forget, I came across some videos for that Rocket Power game the company had planned. Apparently it was released for the GBA, but console versions were ultimately cancelled.
    PS2 Version
    Xbox Version
    Both videos show what looks to be incomplete builds, still fresh with unfinished bits and debug modes.

2. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    It's pretty incredible how much work this studio put into this pitches only to never actually sell them. Makes me wonder how many more half baked third party Sonic games could be out there.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    100s maybe. We gotta start looking into dev kit researching more.

So, who wants to be a spy for E-waste/recycling centers? Appearently according to our CEO friend dev kits are ending up there.

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Sonic Sports

People doubted the legitimacy of this. Sonic Extreme showed unknown games could be developed but not announced.

5. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Tell me where and how, and I'd be glad. =P

6. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    So I got an email saying that my money was refunded for that second listing. Evidently they couldn't locate the item in their warehouse. :P

Gonna think over the first listing for another few days. Amazon has a few listings as well for similar prices. If someone else wants to grab a copy while I'm mulling it over, by all means please do so. Just let us know here so I'll know not to worry about it. :)

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Meh I don't know I was just throwing out an idea. You would probably have to coincide E-waste centers right next to major game developers who work with SEGA or SEGA itself then after that find some crooked E-waste dealer who would be willing to "forget" that the console was there for the "right price". But even then were not sure if the dev kit console was wiped first so you would be taking a chance on a wiped console.

So about this extreme recreation thing, is this like an official thing now? Because if it is shouldn't someone start a different topic and leave this topic for protonX to talk about the build he has?

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I never said it controlled exactly like it, Mr. Jaded Man. :specialed:

Also, I know this comes far after this game's development window and is composed by a completely different person, but I have a feeling this song would fit rather well with the skateboard idea's gameplay.

I mean, if City Escape can get in... :v:

9. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Wow that sounds like some psycho mismash of Team Sonic's theme from Sonic Heroes, Team Rose's theme, and City Escape. haha

10. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I'd say a good start would be to look up the addresses of some developers that interest you on Google Maps and seeing what e-cycling facilities are near by. If anyone feels like doing the work of calling some places in the Redmond/Seattle area (we have Nintendo, Valve, Microsoft, and Zynga here, just to name a few), I'd be happy to follow up with the leg work.

11. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    I agree completely. What's next -- Sonic Chef? Sonic Volleyball? It's bad enough Sonic Shuffle saw the light of day.

12. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    There actually was Sonic Volleyball if you count Spike Kings or whatever that AM2 game was called.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Beach Spikers.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh lay off! if they want to this for FUN why do you and hez want to be the funkill police? Because it doesn't fit your view of a sonic game?

I personally would want to see a recreation of this by fans. maybe the fans could take this simple idea and turn it into something enjoyable.

You and me think allot alike. :v:

15. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    It's got nothing to do with how it doesn't fit my view of a Sonic game, speaking as a huge fan of Sonic Riders, R, and Shuffle. It just looks bad. :v:

If the fans can make it something enjoyable I'm all for it, but as far as skating games go, it looked rather bad. Then again it was a prototype or whatever.

16. How much work do you think they put into this? They put some new models, some textures, and took some sound clips, and stuck it into their premade engine. It seems like a day or two long project once they've already got the framework.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Thing is that, judging by the "ring spill" being present in their final "Bare Knuckle Grind", they might have built that engine for the Sonic demo, originally, and then the model and texture swaps were made once it was made obvious that SEGA didn't want to buy it.

18. ProtonX

ProtonX

I agree with that. I think it was first made for the sonic. Then when that didn't take instead of scrapping the whole project they pitched the idea with a different character to another group.

19. So ProtonX, do you have any plans to make this available?

20. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    If you want this shit recreated, just import the quake 3 sonic model into one of the PC Tony Hawk games, and change the level textures to the green hill ones.