don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I feel so retarded right now. I wanted the Genesis games on the DS for a long time, but since SEGA already released every single one of the games on every possible platform right now it just feels ridiculously cheap, and yet I'm still going to end up buying this just because it's Classic Sonic.

Fuck you SEGA. :psyduck:

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

[​IMG]
    Oh come ON! That's some art from Channel isn't it?Certainly not classic. If they're putting the word 'classic' in the title then there should be something 'classic' about it. Gem Collection was slightly classic.

EDIT: Haha! Beaten twice in one go.

EDIT 2: WTF is this?
    [​IMG]
    Sonic in Knuckles' game? As awesome as that looks, I can't help but feel it's a mock-up shot or something of the sort. Shame.

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Not to sound rude but did you honestly expect "Modern Day" Sega to put classic artwork on this? Or even consider to capture the style of the original? I sure as hell didn't.
    Looks generic and gets the point across, which is unfortunately all they seem to care about. That and they still seem to be plugging the "X games in one" slogan which is on both Mega and Gems Collection. It's not as if anything else is to be expected from a "Collection", now is it?

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wait what. =O

5. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh my god, that is definitely a mock up. Knuckles isn't even using the correct pallet in that pic.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm retarded, I keep forgetting Knuckles had a slight change in pallet in the original too.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    As with most other only-Sonic compilations I intend to just ignore this one.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nah, I expected something quick and easy. What I would have wanted is something old styled, but hey it's not affecting my decision to buy the game.

8. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Four games seems pretty light for a collection. :/ I was hoping there would be some unlockable games, but I guess they'd only end up putting in 3D Blast and Spinball anyway. The original four are great enough. The save-anywhere feature is a pretty nice addition.

I don't mind the cover using modern Sonic at all. I was hoping they'd make new Classic art for the game but modern Sonic gets the point across well enough; he's Sonic. It reminds me of Mega Collection's cover which was great in my opinion.

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    this is sonic Jam DS, guys.

About that picture with sonic and knuckles on it... an online co-op mode, like sonic advance?

10. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    If this is real, there's actually new gameplay content. In that case, day one purchase.

Also: Graphics are scaled down, but they don't look that bad...

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The thing is, he's just standing there in a running boss. I'd expect a computer character to be doing more than watch the world go by.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The grass is overlapping his shoe, so it might be real.

If this had new content, is might actually be good. It will already be nice to play these on the DS without part of the screen cut off.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'd be all over this.

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I doubt there'd be any modifications to the games at all. I wonder if they'll still be resorting to using PCM sound as usual or would that take up too much space for the DS?
    Unless the lock-on games are added, I'm not gonna bother about another collection.

15. Machenstein

Machenstein

The extras sound a little interesting. I doubt the videos and collectable pictures will be as extensive as they were in Sonic Jam or Gems Collection, but hopefully some interesting new content will come up anyway.

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
  17. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    uhhh guys?

[​IMG]

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Any idea on the price for this yet?

Until otherwise, I'll assume it's the usual price for a DS compilation.

19. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
  20. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    2 things:

Are you suggesting either:
    1) Knux running and Sonic standing still is just a photoshop job, or
    2) Knux is shaded slightly differently?

Just to remind you that the 1st one's Knux's stage from S&K (hence the EggRobo), and the 2nd one's from Sonic 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.