don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Wow. Tails disables achievements.

Thanks for the reply.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Wow, thanks for telling us Tails cannot get achievements. I wonder why a lot of the achievements didn't make it clear you can only get them with Sonic. Does the game mention Tails can't get achievements? Also, I know this is extremely unlikely but are time limits disable in this enhanced port? >_> Stupid clock kills me a lot in this game and makes it less fun in general because of it.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So... these loops.

You humble me, good sir. Shame Special Stage didn't get loving, but the song is long as hell already, so I'm not surprised.

4. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

So I finished this with all the Time Stones. Working on Tails right now.

Do you get anything for completing the game as Tails? Or is he just there as an unlockable?

5. I like many others will be double dipping. Was intending on just getting the PS3 version but was expecting a price of at least £7.99. Really surprising price means I'll get the XBL version too to show a little support for this endeavour.

Hope Sonic 1-Knuckles get done in the same way in the future.

6. Vangar

Vangar

So I bought the game on Xbox 360. Awesome remake! As others have said, very smooth. I don't know how many times I bugged Taxman over the years about how his engine was going, I can't believe I finally get to play around with it.

My only gripe is if you mess up your time trial run, there is no quick 'restart' option. I'm coming 3rd for Palm Tree Panic act 1 currently.

When does the PS3 version come out for AUS? I will be double dipping so I can play it through again in my other room on the TV :D .

7. Miles3298

Miles3298

I'm playing this now. This is great stuff.

You ever jump at a fast-moving UFO just for it to suddenly fly the other way? Big middle finger, really.

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Anyone figured out the significance of 8 and 32, yet?

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yep. It's simple really:

8 = The number of copies of this you should buy for yourself.

32 = The number of people you should gift this to for Christmas.

Or else you're banned from the forums. :colbert:

But in seriousness, just know that they're both factors of 4.

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    This is Sonic CD as I truly imagined it.

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Still no show on the UK PS3 store. I can imagine that Microsoft managed a time release over here, or Sony are just slow when it comes to software.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The European Playstation Store usually updates around 4PM GMT, so three hours from now.

13. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    It would be cool if this game had a page on Steam with a release date.

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    OK, I've played the XBLA demo, and I found a flaw in the Sonic CD physics. Whenever Sonic leaves the ground He loses all extra momentum past his top speed. Jumping, falling to another ledge, etc, even with speed shoes, sends him back to his base top speed. Can get quite frustrating, and I can see why the S3K physics default, because they rock. CD physics are more gimped then I remember, and I just double checked with my copy on Gems Collection for a side-by-side. This should not happen.

Sorry to break up the circlejerk celebration, but that's a glaring problem. Otherwise, the game rules, and I will definitely be buying it on PSN (Saturn USB Gamepad gfndsjngfdkjls) next week, just not using the original physics.

15. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Sonic CD's physics is why I disliked the game in the first place.

Just played the XBLA version, really nice. Sonic 2 physics 100%. Hardly could tell it was a remake besides the great speed and widescreen.

16. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    That's the speed cap, and it is in the original Sonic CD, however I did make a little gaffe that was too late to change for the consoles: the speed cap should increase when you get speed shoes since the top speed is higher. Sorry for that, I'm so used to using the (superior) S2 spindash setting that it didn't come up for ages.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What are those other 2 extras and how do I get em?

Anyways, damn. This port is fucking awesome. Seeing Tails in the game though is so out of place, but that "You unlocked Tails screen" was a nice touch (See you next game indeed). Great job dude, hopefully this sets the standards for Sonic ports in the future.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Damn, can't wait to get home and play this.

Is it not possible to silently release a patch for that?

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    You really could do with fixing that for the ones that only use the original Sonic CD physics. Also as you know many of us will be playing this remake in more ways than one to expand the replayability so really you would be fixing it for all of us.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Better question would be if it's effective to release a patch. Far as it looks, no one's going to miss the Sonic CD physics outside from the hardcore purists. I sure as hell don't miss them.