don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Well JAP OST was all made with soundbanks and midis, so it's possible but the results might get a bit bad since the sequenc files were lost a long time ago x.x

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Hello page 89.

This is page 4 saying hello.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Really wish Nintendo would add some sort of memory extentions for the Wii or at least more compatability with SD cards, probably be ignored for the WiiU now however. Perhaps one of Nintendo's biggest problems is that they make good concepts and gimmicks but then sorta ditch them for a entirely new one straight afterwards instead of expanding and perfecting it. eg. Let's not add onto the Game Boy models, let's just make loads of new models over and over with tiny but important extras. The WiiWare concept was cool but so rough around the edges, eg. poor memory usage, slow increase in Virtual Console games, no 60hz support for PAL gamers so we're really losing out.

Is Virtual Console emulation of Sonic CD even possible?

4. MastaSys

MastaSys

...Staaaaarduuuust...Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I love the International Soundtrack, but the US have really some rad tunes.
    Thank god for Dual-Soundtrack.
    I'm going to play the JP one with Sonic and US one with Tails.

I advice other people do the same (or vice-versa), to taste the whole package fairly :D

5. Dual soundtracks, holy shit.
    Also, sad that no one saved the videos. :(

EDIT: I sent the Youtube user an email. Let's see if we can get the video.

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    What would that accomplish at all? Games on the SD card are copied to the Wii's memory when you load from an SD card so you'd still be SOL.

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Exactly, SD cards aren't able to expand the Wii's memory at all, there is nothing that can increase the size you have in the standard console, unlike the XBox where Hard Drives and memory cards can be used.

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Uh, not quite. Past music is sequenced, the rest are CD audio.

And, if for some reason you mean the originals written and rendered as CD audio, then you could say the same about the US soundtrack, and ANY soundtrack. :P Still never going to happen, though.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Nonononoono. Spencer Nilsen worked with real instruments and singers. Metallic Madness and Collision Chaos percussion was performed, for examle, by a 70 year-old man, Armando Peraza. JAP tracks were performed using samples rendered as CD audio entirely, with the voices put over the samples on the opening and ending.

10. Hay guys. The dude is going to reupload the videos tonight and PM me the link. I'll come in here obviously and post the link.

Cool dude. He didn't expect so much interest, though he noted the port was awesome.

11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Sweet. Maybe he should upload it on a site that won't remove it.

12. Yeah, I gave him alternatives, so I'm not sure which one he'll select.
    Excited to see the video, whenever it is up!

EDIT: Well, speak of the devil. http://www.4shared.com/folder/-bDCCGxf/_online.html
    He said the videos will appear in a few hours. Also, in a day or two he'll show footage of Tails in use. Good fellow!

EDIT: Two videos are up now.

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Y'know, while I agree that the vocalless versions make the intro feel pretty empty, they're pretty well-done otherwise. I was expecting a lot worse based on the reactions from people in here.

Also, I don't recall all that extra acoustic guitar on the end of "Sonic Boom".

14. My feelings exactly. It sucks we don't have vocals, but the music itself is not that bad.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That's how it appears in the Sonic Boom album. It's the extended cut of the U.S. soundtrack in most cases. Also has some Sonic Spinball arrangements by Howard Drossin.

16. The gameplay video is now up.
    http://www.4shared.com/video/C5cXpSr1/sonic_cd_xbla_preview.html

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    An option for the JP or US soundtrack? Oh God yes.

18. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Other than the obvious, things that make me really happy:

That Robotnik DJ animation on the soundtrack option.

The "yes!" when getting a life is intact. Not sure why I thought that'd be cut but luckily it wasn't.

19. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    now the only question I have requarding the Android version, will I be able to use the Xperia Play's controller? (a friend is giving me theirs to replace an old phone until I can afford a new one)

20. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Man, I am so looking forward to playing this version. RELEASE ALREADY, DAMMIT! D: I am disappointed there isn't a way to customize the game's music more. Being able to play the game where Tidal Tempest and Quartz Quadrant has the Japanese music but Stardust Speedway and the main boss theme has the American music would have been pretty awesome. Still, I'm just glad it has both soundtracks and I assume the licensing issue is what caused it to have a December release date.

Because Sega decided to make "Classic Sonic" a mute even though he wasn't in CD? >_>