don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Has anyone tested it on Linux trough Wine. I bought either way, I have a windows partition, but it will be nice if it worked on Linux.

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I wonder if there's still plans to release the Retro SDK and/or Retro Sonic Nexus. I know Sega only licensed the engine, they don't own it, but it seems like they'd frown upon a developer they contracted releasing a free game based on one of their properties as well as an SDK that's compatible with a product they're selling without their permission.

3. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    I'm very happy with the engine, it's an extremely faithful reproduction of the original Sonic CD, but I'm less enthused with the job done on the PC port. I can't use the volume adjustment keys on my multimedia keyboard in game and none of my USB gamepads work. I'm assuming the latter is because the game only supports Xinput, correct me if I'm wrong. It's also mildly annoying that I can't change resolution in game either.

4. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I tried downloading the properly looped soundtrack from the Zshare links posted earlier, but they seem to have been taken down. Can somebody provide an alternative link?

Loving the game, btw. Probably goes without saying.

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I think one of the biggest ironies is that my speaker system's knob sucks compared to my computer's volume control and since I really wanted to hear this game in the best possible quality, that was one of the reasons I waited for the PC version. :/

6. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Ok tested the PC version on my shitty laptop. Playing the game on fullscreen makes it go way to fast, something tells me the steam port team did no put a fps limit on the game. But at certain parts of the game it slows down really bad, its random but its really disappointing that the PC version was this badly ported. After the great Xbox360 version SEGA had to start the new year with this shady port. Still did not regret the buy because I hope this will allow more projects with the Retro engine. But SEGA next time license the engine for all the consoles, and don't do a recursive port.

7. I had no problems with the port. I didn't notice any bluriness either but that's probably because I don't sit right in front my screen like most do (1680x1050 master race). I can run this fullscreen, all the options work in game, no hang ups, slow downs/speed ups. Definitely a better port than that Sonic 4 hack job. Can't even run that at fullscreen without it crashing for no reason.

8. footbigmike

footbigmike

Is anyone else having trouble with the timing in Time Attack mode? It seems that the timer will actually start from anywhere between 0 and 1 second, so in order to get the best time, I have to restart a couple times before the timer will actually start from 0. Which SUCKS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the plus side, I am king of Metallic Madness.

9. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I used to be the fastest on Palmtree Panic 1.

At least I got this...

[​IMG]

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Any tips for SS3? Eggman seems to love taking his sweet time and shows up about three to five seconds after the race is over, wasting precious time.

11. Penguin

Penguin

How in blazes did you get five seconds on palmtree panic?

12. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Clearly being the fastest thing alive.

I'd like to know too... Not that I plan on speed running.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Something involving lamp post dickery. Thus, cheating

14. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I for one am unaware of this "lamp post dickery" you speak of.

Explain, please?

15. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Hit a lamppost, wait for time to run out, you start again at the lamppost with the timer set to zero.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...even though you only have one life? It actually remembers the lamp post if you reload the stage?

17. footbigmike

footbigmike

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Alright, I caved and got the game on Steam. Played some last night, and it was fun. I did have some blurriness with the text on the menu screen, but it got better when I changed it to Nostalgia. Don't know how the actual levels look with the other two though...

I played up to Collision Chaos Zone Act 2. I'm trying to attempt an "all Time Stones/all Good Future" run but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail at it. Those Special Stages are still a pain, and I fear the later levels. >.>

19. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I bought this on Steam, and I'm experiencing a weird bug. The game is pressing buttons for me, specifically left and sometimes up or down, which isn't even fun ironically. This renders the game unplayable and menus hard to navigate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Are you using a controller OTHER than the Official Xbox 360 controller? Because that's a glitch that sometimes happens, meaning you'll have to run your current controller through an emulator to emulate the Xbox 360 Controller, ...yeah, you'll have to use your controller, to emulate a controller, thanks Microsoft. :)