don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    No... :(

2. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I've started playing. And I have to say, if SEGA ever makes a game that looks like that intro. My God, I would buy 10 million copies.

3. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So is there anyway to watch the intro without it cropped?

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So after everything has passed and you get an ok, think you can show us what Desert Dazzle & Final Fever would've looked like, Taxman? pwetty plz?! :)

Its awesome that you created a DHZ for this era to talk about. I think you need to personally write up the wiki pages for Desert Dazzle & Final Fever.

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Oh God that Desert Dazzle pic... do want

Was Desert Dazzle what it was called in the concept art for the original game? Or was it just an idea you were playing around with?

I assume Final Fever would have been the Psycho-Egg boss we've seen in concept arts.

6. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Taxman, can you just like... make Sonic 4 already?

7. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

So.

Is anybody going to rip the properly looped tracks? They make me happy.

OH so happy.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Is this going to run on my 2nd Gen iPod Touch? All the other games do.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The fact that Final Fever and Desert Dazzle weren't put in actually has me a bit disappointed. :( Either way, it was kind of you to at least tell us why it didn't happen and keep in the screen, getting to play two new Sonic CD Zones (especially beautifully sprited ones) would have made my day. Thanks Taxman!

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    The general reaction in this thread to that screenshot is a lot more positive than people's usual reaction to Sonic 4's appearance. Then again, this game is supposed to be pixelated.

11. I did not expect these amazing looped tracks on the US version.

THANK YOU TAXMAN!!

Also I second making a new Sonic game with the Retro Engine and putting all the lost/forgotten zones from the 2D games in it. I would buy that shit SO HARD.

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Man, I hope the Android app goes up sooner than later. It's not up right this second, as far as I can tell...

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It should be. Keep looking.

This makes me really upset though. See, the populace at large hardly know anything about the fact that Sonic CD was recreated with the Retro Engine. So the populace at large don't have any expectations for how Sonic 4 should be developed. Which means hardly anyone will demand that Sega allow the Retro Engine to be used to make Episode 2 and make everyone happy. Which means it's probably still going to be shitty.

Ah well.

14. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Well, I'm awake, and I don't see any art on that blog. Today was going to be the day, right?

DDZ looks gorgeous. Since when did you start doing pixel art, Tax? All I needed was one original stage and I would've owned this game even without winning a free copy. A for effort.

15. Doesn't the Android version come out in 2012? I thought I read that somewhere

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    To me it's nothing to do with it being pixelated but more to it being an original looking zone compared to other official zones which has that trippy 90's look that Sonic 4 does not do.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It isn't.

That was changed to "today" a few hours later, from what I gathered while reading this topic.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One thing that bugs me.

You make all this stuff awesome and yet the level select screen is just as crappy and confusing as it was in the original. Even the gap between Palmtree Panic and Collision Chaos still exists (1 to 3). That whole 3-1-A or whatever system always confused the crap out of me.

Same complaint applies for the soundtest. Other then that minor complaint, this game is ace. Good show.

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I just beat MM1, and as I did it played both the "Past" and "Future" samples, the time warp sound effect, the shield sound and Sonic's 1up "Yeah!" XD. Loving it so far, I've been properly playing it for the first time instead of just plowing through, and God those special stages are harder than I thought. Can't wait to play as Tails for the first time later.

20. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    It's from a fake account, but it's still hilarious: