don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I also thought that looked a bit odd, he should indeed disappear as soon as the screen locks in place.

2. mikeru

mikeru

Mexico
    Yes, but I don't think the remake locks the screen at all.

3. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
  4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    You haven't cheated death, just delayed it until you get a time over :specialed:

5. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Another suggestion: Display the character select window when the Stage Select is selected in the Extras menu. It's a bit of a hassle to load a save file and exit it just to be able to use Tails in the Stage Select.

6. Kampfer

Kampfer

One bug I encountered was I finished the game with Sonic (100%; Time Stones, Robot Generators, and Hologram Projectors), and then started a New Game after I unlocked Tails. Palmtree Panic 1 had half the Badnicks gone as if it was a Good Future, and when I passed the act it said "Tails Made a GOOD FUTURE in Zone 1," even though I didn't time travel. I played through the rest of the game, and it was normal (no other Good Futures).

7. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUI__OnzZjo&feature=related
    I have yet to play the game so I don't know if it's Tails only or just specific areas, but it seems like when you're standing on a monitor and jump, you break the monitor. I don't know if it's intentional but it seems like a pretty substantial gameplay change.

8. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    He just rolled while on the monitor. It's always been like that for Sonic CD.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

I passed the game with all time stones with Tails (not sure if this happens with sonic)

Then I entered another save with Sonic that I was destroying all the robot-making machines, I was in WW 2.
    The machine was already destroyed, probabbly some bad "flag" from the other save.

I was afraid that would ruin the trophy (PS3 Version) so I returned to the main menu, got to the time attack, and got back to my save the machine returned, as it was supposed to be.

It's quite a severe bug in my opinion, other saved games shouldn't affect other ones.

10. Rail Road

Rail Road

Going into a save and then going into level select doesn't reset your score on your save file. This obviously can be used as a tactic to boost your scores on the leaderboard as the game still saves your score as you progress.

11. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Actually, it can't. While it's true Stage Select retains the player's current stats from whatever was played last, features such as saving, achievements etc are all disabled while in that mode.

12. Rail Road

Rail Road

Well it might not save it on the save file it definitely saves on the leaderboard. I went from 40 in top score to 10 (now 12 I think) after using the stage select.

13. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    This should already be possible: Press the spacebar key or escape key on your bluetooth keyboard to toggle the on screen controls.

14. On the iPod Touch:

Flying onto the spinning discs as Tails causes him to go through them.

[​IMG]

Also, when you are standing on top of one of the Past machines, and then jump off of it, the machine will not be destroyed. Unless my memories are incorrect, in the original Sonic CD, if you happened to land on top of a Past machine for whatever reason (so that you can stand on it), and then jump off of it, it explodes.

15. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    How about updating with the ability to play as Knuckles? That would be a nice fix.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That is not a fangame people, adding new features costs money. If Knuckles would be ever included, it would be DLC, sure.

17. Vangar

Vangar

I'm no mod, but is this topic really necessary? Yes there are problems, every app and software has them. But this isn't a fan game, or a game by people we don't know. This is Taxman's dedicated work that people have no problem tearing apart or blurting every issue they find. Everyone should expect different bugs or quirks, as we all know the engine was totally rewritten. We don't have a bug / issue topic on Sonic Generations, but you think because you know Taxman he will check in here and make fixes?

Who am I kidding, I should know this place better I suppose.

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Taxman already said he was making a note of bugs being reported and has posted in this thread several times. We aren't trying to tear his work apart, we're trying to help polish up a largely outstanding piece of work.

19. dsrb

dsrb

It's certainly worth a try, given that he's a member here whereas I really doubt anyone from Generations is.

FWIW, one of his posts in the main thread said that he was trying to take everything on board, though I don't know whether that consideration extends as far as some people here might like it to. :P

At the end of the day, he has no obligation to do anything anyone asks, but it may as well be posted in case he does want to.

20. Vangar

Vangar

Hmm I see. Hard to read emotion on here as usual, but reading this topic in one hit feels like people are complaining a bit much (Like the screenshots of when characters are stuck in walls etc.)