don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No de-sync for me, though one of Sticks' lines didn't match up with the mouth movement.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It was broadcast like that. It seems to be there in all rips of the episode's premiere.

3. Truner

Truner

Just watched this week's episodes and my god, Sticks needs to die. I've never seen a character as annoying as her and I watch/read/play a lot of shit. I also kinda wish the action would be done as well as the opening cinematic of Sonic Unleashed. That aside, the Episode 3 was pretty good, Episode 4 is my least favorite so far. Sticks might have something to do with this.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'm not sure how you could have that expectation of a CG TV show. Even on the same budget, they wouldn't be able to do as much seeing how for the TV show they need to animate about 572 minutes of stuff, while for Sonic Unleashed probably not more than 10-15 minutes.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    (please mind the dust, I'm currently bringing posts in.)

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ah okay, so you guys decided to split the TV show from the general topic. good plan it'll be easier to keep track.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And done, thank christ.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The first post in this thread is actually how I would have started such a topic off in the first place. :v:

9. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Watched episodes 3 & 4 again with my boys this morning while having breakfast.

They both enjoy it and always ask to watch it again when it's finished so I'm pretty confident it should go down well with kids.

I enjoy it too but much prefer Sonic X.

10. Truner

Truner

Not expectation, just a wish. Wouldn't we all want that to happen, after all? One other wish I had before this launched was for it to have the writing on par with Ian Flynn's. I feel like he's the only one who understands how Sonic should be done nowadays. In fact, this one I was kind of expecting, seeing how this isn't from SoJ.

11. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Apparently, the cartoon is OuiDo!'s first attempt at CG. That would explain some animation weirdness, since all their previous work has been traditional 2D. Babby's first CG cartoon!
    Honestly, I'm having fun watching this. I just turn my brain off. :v:

12. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    So, ... apparently Sticks is shaping up to be the series' Poochie or Scrappy, which is oddly appropriategiven the other dog references. Can the remaining episodes of the season possibly redeem her or will she go down in infamy, possibly to return two decades later as the villain of a Sonic reboot movie?

13. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Yeah, I notice after the topic was splitted..

Thanks...

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I don't mind Sticks, I just didn't care for the fourth episode all too much. Honestly a weird ass ugly robot dog barfing slime on everyone was just stupid enough to make me laugh at first then it kinda dragged oooonnnnn.

Translate This was great though. Even if we keep getting one "eh" episode and one great episode I'll be happy. I'm sure kids liked the Buster episode so really my opinion doesn't matter all that much.

15. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

So, what channels is the show on and what are the air times (USA)? My younger brothers may want to watch this, and heck I may sit in on a few episodes.

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Cartoon network at 7AM East, 10AM west (7Am western time) weekends only

17. Retroman

Retroman

Sonic X is nice in Japanese, really nostalgic but the 4kids version put me off of it. Sonic Boom may get better, I hope as episodes develop.

Also, I really like the other sonic design. It's radically different.

18. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I don't mind Sticks. That isn't to say she doesn't do some annoying crap though like that barfing robot dog despite her ongoing paranoia about robots and kindly destroying UT in the previous episode.

Also: the end of Buster where it leaves, the only thing I could think of was the music when you "say goodbye" to a chao in SA2 and how I'd kindly put Buster in the place of a chao in a "Chao Departure" machine.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sticks would be more tolerable with a different voice actor that just gave her a normal sounding voice. Her raspy/cutsy voice bugs me.

20. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I like Sticks. She amuses me as a character and feel she's the best new Sonic character in a really long time. I wouldn't even mind if they eventually added her to the main series. Also, I like Amy's personality on this show waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than her personality in the games. The writer managed to make her likable for once instead of some annoying fan girl of Sonic that does very little useful.