don't click here

Sonic Before the Sequel'12 - Released with OST

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Falk, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    After lots of digging around I think I found the tile adapt tool, which is also referred to as the slopes tool or tile deformer. This one looks like some kind of updated version, called Batch Image Deformer. Its still years old but I'm going to have fun with it lol.
    Damizean's Batch Image Deformer

2. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    @The Shad
    I just forgot to add an explanation to this in the manual
    if you got more than 0 time points you get the good ending, you stat with 3400 and the deplete 1 each 2 seconds
    the counter only works in levels and bosses

3. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    So you have 68 minutes to beat the game?

4. dsrb

dsrb

Well, there are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100, so no; the actual figure is 113 1/3 minutes.

5. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

well, at least, I think, there is no need to speedrun the game to get the good ending.
    while it was in beta test state I asked the beta testers to tell me the number they got in the last screen so I could set the initial number of time points in a way the most average player could get the good ending on the first try
    I just happened to forget there is people that like to expore the levels...
    And if you got the bad ending... I really recomend to play it again, there is tons of different routes to take and Sunset Star Act2 A and B to explore (yeah, that part with the cars, it's avoidable, just keep on the upper route in Sunset Star act 1) and also, you will unlock the level select and the boss rush mode

6. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    If I could make a suggestion, could you possibly make it easier to get into special stage rings? There's no time to react at all when they appear, and it also doesn't help that control is ripped from you the moment you touch the end sign post. In the original game, after you touched the end sign post you could turn around and hop into the ring if you wanted.

7. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Wow, did I fail at time that badly

8. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    I beat it in less than two hours, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

The only issue I had with it was that some of the enemy and boss sprites looked... bad. But that's pretty trivial, since I had a blast with the game otherwise.

9. Falk

Falk

I was taking a conducting class (as in, conducting for orchestra/ensembles, with a baton and stuff) and the professor said "Before you start, if you need a reference for tempo, look at the seconds hand on a clock or wristwatch" since starting too fast or too slow would screw up the performance. A classmate asked "How many BPM is the seconds hand?"

</~OffTopic~>

10. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

@Namo
    I know about that and I'm taking all of this feedback to future projects, I really don't want to do a new version of the game.
    and I didnt had plans to include spcial stages in the early concepts of sonic BTS, that's why they ended up like that and I tried my best to don't make them a filler and instead make something cool.

@Arctides
    yeah, I know...
    as you can see, I get better and better the more a work on this, if you take a look at the later and the earlier bosses in the game, you will notice a big difference

@Falk
    :v:

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Loving this so much, but I'm seeing a few fixes that could be made.
    • Perhaps make it easier to escape the traffic in Sunset Star.
    • Why is there no countdown when you're drowning? Not everyone plays with the sound on, and it's a series trademark regardless.
    • Those Ryuturtles in Lost Levels Zone are my bane. They Hadoken the moment they spawn, and it's always right in my way.
    • The timer keeps going for a few seconds after you hit the signpost. Also, if you jump over the post and hit it from the other side, Sonic decides to put MJ to shame.
    By the way.

[​IMG]

um

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I haven't looked through the rest of this topic but sound effects aren't playing right for me. They play for a split second then stop.

13. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

@AerosolSP
    wierd... is the music working?
    anyway, try pressing F8, go to "options" and then check if one of those options is disabled and activate then.
    the wierd thing is that the music plays in the same way as the sound effects, that means if you disable the sound effects, the music also stops

@Blivsey
    well, thanks for the feedback
    • umm... I think the problem is not the difficulty escaping the traffic but when you hit the cars you get throwed away in a way you cant get back to get the rings
    • kinda... forgot to add it... :ohdear:
    • umm... I did already know that
    • really? I didnt noticed the timer, nice catch. =P
    and...
    wow, how did that happened? I'm sure I tested this level a lot of times

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I just tried it again and the sound effects play fine. Only the second time I tried it, I didn't alt+enter the window for fullscreen. That might be screwing up the audio somehow.

'preciate the quick response chap.

15. Blivsey

Blivsey

This game shall not escape the wide world of speedrunning :colbert:

[​IMG]

When you know where to jump, you can really cut down a time. I've done a little better, but I'll settle for this.

16. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Maybe I didn't state that it's a non-issue. I did play through the entire game in one night because of how absorbed I got into it :P
    Artwork I'm capable of nitpicking is trivial compared to how well the game plays.

17. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

one day a friend told me: "your game has been made for speedruns" and that made me think and yes, it was, I think... at least the erlier stages... kinda...
    And, yeah, if you jump at the wrong spot, you have a big chance of hitting a spike, an there is no rings before that downhill
    that was made on purpose =P

@Arctides
    oh, thanks
    I'm glad that my fan game sucks people in =P

18. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

sorry for double post and bump but...
    I know there is people that got the bad ending and doesnt want to play the game again so...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7YC_MEersM
    I've made a video showing how the good ending is
    SPOILER ALERT!

about the kirby music: someone is taking care of it for me and I'm planning a special version for the next SAGE.

and, yeah, I've already started working on a sequel... a sequel to before the sequel, makes perfect sense :v:

19. Blivsey

Blivsey

A sequel to the game before the sequel? You mean Sonic 2?

Or do you mean the amazing one-level flight simulator that is Sonic Before the Second Sequel? :v:

20. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

so... I don't want to reveal much about it now
    when I announce it I'll probably come up with a demo with the first 2 stages

"oh of course, finally someone discovered it, a flight simulator, how obvious"
    ironic mode off :v: