don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    The full intended line is actually, "I'll use your technique! Chaos Control!"

But in-game as we all know, it sounds like, "I'll use yoChaos Control!"

2. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'd assume the line is truncated because it wasn't synced to the time delay before Sonic reappears on-screen. "This is the Ultimate!" is a much shorter (and more hammy) line.

3. Sploit

Sploit

I am inclined to think that there will be a second Dreamcast Collection released,
    and that Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio and two other games will be on it (they might even put Daytona on it? I know it the original release wasn't on Dreamcast, but it did get some kind of remake right? So that kinda makes sense)...which leaves only one game...

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    There are other good candidates, such as Soul Calibur, Virtua Fightrer 3tb, etc.

5. Sploit

Sploit

Yeah I suppose so...

...although with VF5: Final Showdown coming out soon, would it make much sense to re-release VF3tb?

As for Soul Calibur, great game and I know it was recently re-released...but would SEGA use a game not owned by them in a SEGA collection?

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    The obvious answer is Shenmue HD. :specialed:

7. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    If somehow there was a Power Stone 2 HD port, my life would be complete.

SA2 wise, it would be cool if there was a Tiny Chao Garden for PSP/Vita/3DS for the PS3 and eventual Wii U port.

8. I wouldn't mind seeing certain Dreamcast games for the 3DS, personally. I'm sure the 3DS could handle it.

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

Assuming they do re-release SA2(which has taken them a long time), I figure Power Stone will be next. It got a re-release on the PSP in fact. Shenmue is also an obvious candidate.

But on the topic of SA2, I honestly doubt anything will be fixed or added, except widescreen. Sega is honestly too lazy to fix the dialogue and I'm not sure they would even know how to easily, since it's been more than a decade. As much as I want an online mode, I doubt they'll do that either. Don't get your hopes up too much people.

10. Impish

Impish

Powerstone is made by Capcom, so Sega wouldn't have any say in remaking it.

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

Darn; I didn't even think about that. Have all the dreamcast re-releases been games only made by Sega or Sonicteam up to this point?

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    What kind of question is this?

If you are only counting the ones SEGA are releasing, then yes.

13. I just want the GameCube version with Big the Cat's cameos all in place. Well, that and removing "Battle" from the name.

14. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I know. But one can dream... :(

15. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    Sonic Adventure 2 is a well loved game by many... Do you guys think the game will get the same kind of love as Sonic CD had and Jet Set Radio is getting?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    As Sonic CD? No. JSR? Probably

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It will get the same amount of "love" as the SADX XBLA release got. It's a quick and dirty cash-grab that only exists because it hasn't been for about 10 years or so. I doubt it'll even get wide-screen support. The only thing it has going for it is the fact that it has no PC port to draw from, so there's a chance it'll be a more successful conversion than SADX.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Right, so JSR levels of love. All they have to do is fix the menus and widescreen should work fine.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm not sure about that, like I said, I doubt widescreen. People here were able to implement it relatively easily, but Sega didn't do it then. And isn't JSR getting upscaled? I highly doubt SA2 will.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was under the assumption that they were going to treat future Dreamcast ports with greater care after people were so disappointed with the laziness of the last bunch.