don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Just going to throw this out there, but you're not really doing any favors to defend from the people who think SA2 has aged like crap (such as myself) by comparing it to something that was always perceived as utter rancid crap to begin with.

2. Turbohog

Turbohog

Haha yeah I realize that. I suppose 06 is just on my mind since I finally got to play it recently. Besides 06, I still think SA2 holds up as one of the best 3D Sonics. Definitely the best out of the "Dreamcast era" style of 3D Sonics, at least in my opinion.

3. Retroman

Retroman

Sonic Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Release of a release.

>< Sega please don't let this be just a port with enhanced screen resolutions!

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So far the only other port is Battle. So I don't think were getting that treatment.

5. CaptainBritish

CaptainBritish

Sonic Master Mix
    Admit it, you'll still buy it though! [​IMG]

I've lost count of how many systems I own the original Sonic games on.

6. Retroman

Retroman

Nope, I Pirate it :v: (PC Person Here)

Oh wait, I know what you mean :S

Except Colors (Wii) and Generations (PC) of-course.

Course, it would be good if they released a SA2 on PC, but since there's emulators that can run them, there's no point seeing how alot of their sales come from console games and DLC, XBLA etc

7. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    As easy as it may be to emulate it, the truth is that not everyone can do it regardless. Unless they do it really really badly, a native PC port would indefinitely run better for those who can't emulate the Dreamcast or GameCube versions.

8. BlackFive

BlackFive

They released Mega Drive Roms on steam. don't underestimate them.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    To me the problem never were the controls or the camera, they were all the non-Sonic or Shadow levels. The Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Eggman levels were just plain boring and Chao Garden always felt like a glorified Tamagotchi to me.

Also, Sonic 2006 is a really low bar to set, SA2 being better than it doesn't mean it's good at all.

10. The distinct memory in my mind of SA2 was just how good / nostalgic the Sonic/Shadow levels were towards the previous game (SA1). I really enjoyed them. But the turmoil came from all the bullshit in between the levels especially when the ratio was wack. Sometimes you'd get Tails - Knuckles - Tails - Sonic - Tails, and then spend another 40 minutes waiting for the next Sonic level; only for it to just be a boss.

Regardless, the ratio wasn't as poor as Unleashed Wii/PS2; and their 5 or 6 Werehog stages to 1 Day stage crap.

The awful thing is that in it's hayday, I really enjoyed playing the Sonic/Shadow levels and thought "Hey they should JUST make a game for this gameplay type". They did. Shadow The Hedgehog came out, they threw in guns, and mechs (as not to miss the Tails gameplay!) and it really reaaaaaaally didn't do me any favours for liking that game style any more.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Kinda, Shadow The Hedgehog was more of a mix of Sonic and Shadows' levels with free roaming style like Knuckles' levels, with the gun styles of Tails and Eggmans'.

I would say that the true suequel to that style would be the Colours and Generations style we have now- yeah you're mostly going straight, with no extra paths off to the side, but it's that style only with a boost.

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Keeping things realistic here this port to xbl/psn needs to have IMO:

Widescreen, and not that lame border from SA1 because they were super lazy to change the resolution.
    Keeping the 60fps game play, dropping it down to 30 would be sickening.
    SA2 Battle's content, will most likely be dlc but since most of it was for 2 player maybe not.
    Some bug fixes.

I can't see it having any kind of anti-analyzing or vsync because most games still don't have that on consoles, the 3d models are going to be from battle most likely (would be nice if you could toggle to dreamcast assets for fun) and the chao garden will of course change the vmu dock to a name changer, or remove it completely from the gardens.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    ...You can already change the chao's name in the Kindergarden. If anything you should be able to send SA1 chao to SA2 if possible.

14. null1024

null1024

Actually, Shadow the Hedgehog's level design was just plain crap. My nephew made me play through that pile of ass of a game, and all I was thinking about is "sure, Shadow feels a bit like SA2 style gameplay, but these levels are terrible and dull". At least SA2's levels were pretty enjoyable to go through. I can't see myself loading up a level to play for fun from Shadow like I do in SA2.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That's because Shadow's stages decided to pull a page from Heroes and take a stupidly long time to beat even early in the game, never mind borrow directly the lack of inertia so Shadow moved like a shopping trolley on a butter-soaked road.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I don't know. Maybe a reduced price on a digital Unleashed or something? Better game =P

This better not mean they focus on Heroes next year...

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    They already released the PS2 version of Heroes on PSN, don't think they're planning on doing a new version of that game.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hey I don't mind the re-release of Sonic games via 2000-2006 era+Unleashed & Colors so long as they are on PC. Get them off the dead/dying consoles and put them on a forever medium I say I don't care if they were the worse crap to ever hit the sonic fanbase. And hell, Deep down you know you guys would want to tinker with a PC version of 2006 (admit it, its a guilty pleasure to try to fix that broken piece of crap).

So far we have:
    ~Mega Collection/Steam Re-Release
    ~CD
    ~R
    ~Adventure 1/DX
    ~Heroes
    ~Riders 1
    ~Sonic 4 Ep. 1&2
    ~Generations

And what can be released to PC Officially:
    ~Adventure 2
    ~Shadow
    ~Riders 2
    ~2006
    ~Unleashed
    ~Colors
    ~Advance 1-3

Probably what will stay forever console exclusive because of their stupid gimmicks:
    ~Secret Rings
    ~Black Knight
    ~Rush 1&2
    ~Generations 3DS
    ~Free Riders

19. Turbohog

Turbohog

So I know a lot of you only liked the Sonic/Shadow levels in SA2; those were obviously my favorite as well, but I still found most of the Eggman/Tails levels enjoyable. The worst levels were the Knuckles/Rouge ones to me...So I think Sega needs to add SA1 emerald radar; better yet, I'd love an option to switch between the SA1 and SA2 radar. More than anything, I just want a pc release. I also doubt Sega will do anything with this release except add widescreen, so let's not get our hopes up for a real improvement. :/

Also, I don't think you can really say Shadow the Hedgehog is just like the speed levels from SA2. The level design isn't the same style, there's guns and crap, and the engine it runs on is shite. Controls like soap.

20. Just for old time's sake, the XBLA demo should omit the lyrics from Escape From the City.