don't click here

Sonic Advance help!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mr.Unsmiley, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey I having a problem with my sonic advance tiny chao garden, when I collect rings in game play its not adding to my total in the chao garden

One solution I have heard is:
    -nintendan at gamefaqs

that seems all well and simple but I was wondering if there was a simpler way of sorting this if anyone?s got any experience of this help would be very appreciated

2. Shade

Shade

Yeah, Im actually having this problem too.

3. My Sonic Advance hardly turns on to begin with. :P Why are those carts so damn defective?

Sonic Advance 2 Tiny Chao Garden pwns the Sonic Advance one anyway.

4. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Yes, I agree with Lemming ont he whole Chao garden thing. Perhpas Sonic Advance currupts a little or alot when hooked up to the Gamecube with Sonic DX? That is my guess.

5. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    The best way of resetting everything would be to do an SRAM erase. This would involve opening the cartridge and shorting the battery for a few seconds, thereby corrupting the SRAM. When turned on again, the game would see the checksum was incorrect, and 'reformat' the SRAM back to factory default. Then, you could start all over again and the Chao Garden would accept rings from the main game.

Another way of doing this is to use a Gameshark for the GBA. Take a SRAM dump, then open it in a hex editor and change all the values to 00 (apart from the header which tells the GS what game it's for). Then re-upload this 'blank' file into the GBA cart, and it should have pretty much the same effect - reformatting the SRAM so you can use it as if it was a new game.
    (I always do this before selling a GBA game to a second-hand shop, to wipe my save games and leave it in an as-new state).

6. I don't have a gameshark :) how would I short the battery inside it and is it safe to do that? also if its battery back up wouldnt simply just takein the battery out for a while wipe the memory?

Another thing I am wondering wouldnt just spending all the rings in the garden then deleting the data again reset it back to 0 (and as the garden is at 0) would that fix it?

edit : ^ that idea didnt work

7. Seven Force

Seven Force

Eggman has seized Mobeuis! I wonder what's for din Member
    Put simply by shorting the battery, the retention of SRAM would be lost; wiping your save. It is perfectly safe and serves as the main methods for resetting CMOS and BIOS of most major hardware.

The voltages were are talking about from the SRAM battery are too small to do damage to anything.

8. Ah ok makes sence... except how do I open the security screw (how I hate nintendo)

Also there is something bothering me and I know people will probably laugh at me but when does the rings get saved? is it at the title cards of a new act or of a new stage? also is there anyway of doing a soft reset like there is in Sonic N? (I don't like the advances much so I don't know much about them)

Edit : its ok I found out off the emulator when it saves

9. Seven Force

Seven Force

Eggman has seized Mobeuis! I wonder what's for din Member
    You can jig a normal flat-head screwdriver into doing it, but there are triangle-headed screwdrivers available. Look in your local DIY store and see if they have them available.

I'm no expert on reseting hardware SRAM, but I've found that removing CMOS batteries from computers doesn't actually flush the CMOS unless you use the built-in jumpers with the battery in place.

10. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    Strange issue. I do know that this doesn't happen in Sonic Advance 2 since I delete my main game data all the time so I can unlock everything again, making things fun again while I gathered rings for my garden. Is this the original Sonic Advance or the Pinball Combo Pack?

11. They probably released how stupid the bug was and fixed it for advance 2, and I would imagen the bug is in both copys of advance unless they fixed it.

EDIT I have my cart open but theres no battery so that's that idea out the window

12. Dude, it has a battery. You know what a cart battery looks like, right?

13. Miles3298

Miles3298

Change between easy and normal mode, then start playing teh game. That's how I fixed the problem when I had it.

14. A small cirular battery like the one that's in the back of a saturn or a dreamcast VMU?

I don't see one here

Attached Files:

• sa1.PNG
      sa1.PNG
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    Must use some kind of NVRAM that doesn't need a battery - probably the smaller chip. I suppose you could randomly short pins on the chip and hope it deletes the game, but it could also render your cart unusable.

The best way to do a total RAM reset is by getting one of those Action Replay or Gameshark carts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.