don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I hope it has an RPG level-up system to make going from A to B more in-depth. I want to spam level-up on Bubbles for 3 hours between each zone.

2. SmashX5000

SmashX5000

Simply Smashing Member
    Below Canada
    I'm working on a cartoon based on the Genesis games called Sonic Boom.
    Well, color me impressed. I really like how the screens look, and though I wouldn't be too interested in any rehashed zones most of the time, Aquatic Ruin I can live with. Especially this screen, it just looks fantastic to me.

[​IMG]

I'm interested in seeing how the online co-op turns out, but if it works well, that will give me a lot more reason to replay Ep.2

As for the complaints about only 4 zones, it's not really that surprising. Episode 1 was short, as was Colors and Generations. If it's like Episode 1, we'll be getting 3 acts per zone, so that's not too bad, I suppose. Still would've liked more, but oh well.

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    It's a windsock.

4. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    They're windsocks. Kinda like weather vanes in that they show you where the wind is blowing, but also how fast it's blowing.

5. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    It is Robotnik hanging out his laundry. Ignore that 'windsock' foolishness.

6. Welp, eggs on my face.

[​IMG]

I'm saddened by a lack of a gigantic, bearded Robotnik crushing those pillars that are coincidentally forming a roman numeral two.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Those renders are still disgusting-looking. I totally forgot about them after seeing how good the game itself looks. I really wish they would fix that.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    So I guess the zone with Pillars is either the first Zone in the game, or important to the over-all plot.

More than likely the former. Either way, like most everyone else here I like what I am seeing, and am awaiting seeing it in action before making a more finalized opinion on the matter.

EDIT: oh I get it, the Pillars make out "II", I see now

9. I don't think it would look nearly as disgusting if Sonic's head were properly tilted down, to better match the cool pose on the title screen of Sonic two. As is Sonic just looks so... lame.

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Looks a ton better than Episode I, and it likely will be. However, 4 zones is really shitty for a $15 game, even with 3 acts each. 5, at the very least, would suffice.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    It's getting praise because unlike epsiode one which looked bad even in screenshots early, this actutually looks nice, yes yes I'm probably being decived by shiny packaging and it'll probably still play like arse. But yeah it's being praised because it looks better, not hard to understand, we're not alowed to praise something for looking better? Praise where praise is due? lol

And as for looking like a Sonic game, it kinda looks a bit like Sonic FAN HD remix, only less cluttered, I'd say that makes it look like a Sonic game. And what is a Sonic game if not a game with Sonic in it? XD

12. Some Dude's Hand

Some Dude's Hand

Needs more loops... Member
    Empire City
    Getting my ideas off the paper and into the computer.
    Late to the party, but at the risk of posting something that was already said, I present my thoughts:

-I think somebody's called it before, but I'm betting the unrevealed/throwback zone looks something like Stardust Speedway, where the infamous Metal Sonic race occurs, except on steroids and Blast Processing.

-That Team-Spin looks... inappropriate? But seriously, judging by the midair explosion, it seems like Tails is some sort of vehicle for the Homing Attack.

-Zones: They look a bit lo-res (except for those purdy sky backgrounds), but still ooze that classic feel, with the exception being the industrial zone. Though great in style, it feels a bit too realistic for a classic Sonic game.

In short: Minor quibbles aside, this is already better than Ep. 1.

13. I wonder if the music will be as good as the look of the levels. I sure do hope that Sega puts some effort into the music. After all music is another one of those factors that makes a first impression on a player.

14. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    It looks much Genesis-ish than in Episode 1. Fortunately.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This is looking so much better than Episode 1... but I'll wait till somebody knowledgeable gets his hands on it and tells us how it handles.

16. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    The levels all seem washed out and lacking in the colour saturation that I would normally associate with Sonic. The detail is too realistic and lacks any surrealism, it just looks rather generic.

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
  18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    This makes me wish ep1 wasn't so half-assed.

God damn, I could look at those pictures all day.

19. serpx

serpx

Personally, I'd be okay with the new Sonic if he'd just get a damn haircut. I really think his spines are obnoxious, but it's whatever. As long as it's a fun game, I can continue to get past his looks as I have with the other new games that are legitly fun.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    So we pretty much have 3 more months to go then? I guess I can hang on for a few more. Was kinda hoping it'd be a bit sooner than that, but what can you do?