don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Posting this as some people might want to see what it exactly looks like on the PC, somebody uploaded some footage on YouTube...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJc6vWp6yE[/youtube]
    The player meets the slope physics just seconds into the level.

2. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Still not worth ten dollars.

I'll buy either when it's on sale or after someone has hacked it to death and created Sonic 4 E1: Good Edition.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I would like to interject and point out that this is not an excuse to trot out the exact same bitching and whining that has already taken place over Sonic 4. Shark Week also covers this thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled platformer, already in progress.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    In response to this garbage being released yet again I gladly went and bought Sonic CD. I am actually amazed by that picture, I never expected any game to look so horrible.

5. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I'm tempted to give the game another try, I hated the iPod version but then I disliked the motion controls. The price they're asking is just too much though, it's only four levels.

6. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Sad to see the PC port looks worse than the console version. I hope they fix that soon.

7. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    No one discuss the game properly; pretend it is perfect and only write about how much fun you are having. Pre-school rules in effect.

Looking at the video only reminded me of the poor state this game is in. Why anyone would get this instead of a 5 dollar version of Sonic CD...

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'll take "What is a spindash?" for $500 please.

9. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Well I just played the Pc version of this and its not that bad. I actually enjoyed it over the 360 Version this time. Since I was able to actually use a correct d-pad for it, since I cannot stand the 360's one.

[​IMG]

I just had to edit a texture to not blind myself so much when playing. That in itself made it much more bearable to play. Anyways, I like that they did a Pc port of this game shows they are caring about the pc now thankfully and I hope it continues on.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Mind putting up that texture mod? Sonic actually looks decent, assuming that's the one you changed.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think everyone has forgot that this is a PC version your playing. if you don't like something you have the power to change it now. Just saiyan...

Because shit game or not, we have to show SEGA that theres a PC fanbase that has been ignored and have been wanting PC sonic ports. Yeah sucks buying S4E1 again, but at least its an investment towards future sonic titles.

That, and the incoming hacks that will surely come by the end of the week.

12. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/vc3yc3

Here you go, just place it in G_COM folder in the PLY Folder and make sure to back up your own copy of it. I just replaced the diffuse maps with the Sonic 4 Ipad textures since they are loads better for Sonic and got rid of the awful shader fx texture.

13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    How did you that.

14. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ck8233-NhU[/youtube]
    I consider this an improvement. A satire of itself really.

15. I cannot express how pumped I am to play the inevitable mods for this game.

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    This, right here. I'm pretty sure a handful of them will be so much closer to the classics than the real deal.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I think I can probably safely say that any modification to Sonic 4 will be an improvement. Do we even know if it's possible to change the physics, or is it too hard-wired into the game/.exe?

18. Vangar

Vangar

^ All the game data was hard coded into compiled ROMs and we found a way :P.

Anyway I have a serious question. Did they not update this at all, is this a straight port with all the bad points still there? Like, when you jump and push forward then stop, does Sonic just fall exactly when you stop pushing and no velocity physics fixed? Just curious. If it is fixed, I will buy a copy.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's not fixed in any way.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I swapped Splash Hill 1's map files with the ones from Lost Labyrinth 3. Improvement? Or maybe you just hate Sonic and want to kill him several times over. Well you can do that too with a little file swapping. Insignificant and pointless all this may be, I've still had more fun renaming files and seeing the results than I ever did with S4 originally.