don't click here

Sonic 3D .cue

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Naoki-S, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm in a spot of bother at the moment, you see, I had the original Xplosiv discs for Sonic 3D and Sonic R, however they are missing and last time I saw them, they were too scratched to install. So after meeting a bay or pirates, they gave me the disc images of the games to use, only the Sonic 3D came only as a .bin file. Again I do legally own the discs, but they're are missing and I haven't seen them for a few years, all I want is a .cue file for my bin.

Any help appriciated.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
  3. Thanks for the link Polygon Jim, but what now?

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

5. That's the thing. I had 3 different torrents that I could find, only this one downloaded.

EDIT: This bin is the Xplosiv one if that helps.

6. dsrb

dsrb

Just a .bin, no audio files? Either way, the cue will be easy to make. I Googled "Sonic 3D cue" (try that site some time; it's pretty great :v:):

<OL sez full-download piracy links are bad, m'kay!>

Also, derp.

7. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Why do you need a .cue? Most mounters should allow you to mount just the .bin.

8. Appologize, this forum said Sonic Games so I assumed here.

And it does have the CDDA tracks intergated, but the cue is needed to access them. The torrent you poted was the one I got actually.

9. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, this probably is the right forum, and I'm probably an idiot. If by "probably", I mean "definitely". My bad.

So, since you have the audio, have you tried making a simple cue like the one in the second link that I posted?

10. Yes, however this will only show the data track. The cue is basicly the track information, saying which ones are Data, Red-book audio and where they are on the disc. However, I have managed to trick th Virtual drive in think that the entire .bin file is a single very long track, thus I hear the static garbage from the digital data, but also the Red-book after the data track. Using this little trick, I'm writting my own Cue to identify these tracks, and after wards this should load on any burning program and diliver the tracks approprietly.

11. dsrb

dsrb

Look again. Specifically for TanukiMario's third post.

I know. And since you apparently do too, I don't see how you're having difficulty with preparing such a simple example as that linked above.

12. I did, but that simple cue will only speficy one data track, and since the BGM is CDDA, the drive will only read the data with any specific tracks related to CDDA audio.

Code (Text):
    1. FILE "Sonic3D Flickies Island.bin" BINARY
    2. TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    3. INDEX 01 00:00:00
    This code specifies a data drack at the begining of the CD. The drive would then read the entire disc as a data-cd, thus giving only the digital files on the disc.

Code (Text):
    1. FILE "Sonic3D Flickies Island.bin" BINARY
    2. TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    3. INDEX 01 00:00:00
    4. TRACK 02 AUDIO
    5. PREGAP 00:02:00
    6. INDEX 01 00:12:12
    7. TRACK 03 AUDIO
    8. PREGAP 00:02:00
    9. INDEX 01 00:13:12
    This variant which I am writing says that there is a CDDA track after the relavtive point to 00:12:12, so the drive reads it differently and thus correctly reads the disc. Sonic 3D requires this for the BGM tracks. The only reason that there is no FILE "~~~" MP3/WAVE is because the CDDA tracks are combined into the .bin

13. dsrb

dsrb

Ha, another fine example of my idiocy; sorry. (In my limited defence, I've not seen many cues with audio stored as binary.) If you can't torrent the cue alone, I don't know what to suggest short of someone ripping it. I might have the disc, but not at my current address.

14. It's ok. And I've seen a few espetially the DDR PSX games. And if you want to rip the disc you're more than welcome to, but you don't have to. Speaking of ripping, this .bin could have been ripped better since it starts to get a little pop sound roughly about th Volcano Valley tracks.

15. Cue is finished, but turns out Sonic 3D has an issue with Windows 7 :p
    Compatibility mode only fixes the garbled graphics, but like Rubiks games, no CDDA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.