don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Master Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by NovaWizard, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    S1:Megamix & S1:Pixel Perfect
    Yes I'm editing level layout and object layout.

2. Kampfer

Kampfer

Looking Snazzy.

My only interjection would be to fix the Flying Battery Boss to that Eggrobo appears rather than Eggman for Knuckles.

3. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    Didn't think about that, might attempt it once I start working on FBZ, won't be for a while thought.
    First beta release will include up to MGZ.

4. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    Can't wait for this to be released! Your tweaks should make for a long afternoon/night of crusing at the TV :D.

5. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    Thanks for replies, one thing, I think I need some beta testers to find out how hard the current difficulty is, if you're interested in beta testing pm me or reply here.

Only requirement is you don't leak it :P, secondly you pm me how hard you think the difficulty is and tell me about bugs/places with lag you find.

6. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I'm intrested, and I'm known to be a very good tester. (Tohaka, Project Shadow) :P

7. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Could I be a BETA Tester? ill give you as much info as you want on what I think of it?

Dj

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Being a quite skilled S3&K player, I think I can give you an accurate reading about the difficulty.
    Also, I like to beta test stuff, I can bitch about a single pixel out of place (ask Solaris and Puto :P).

9. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    I believe I have enough beta testers now (Not all posted here also).
    Anyway ill pm you with details. :)

10. Eredani

Eredani

I love this hack, it's just amazing. The harder difficulty is a perfect idea, and I'm looking forward to this.
    I think the pallete changes are good, and the edited music sounds nice to me. Your version of the Boss theme is great, and that theme in S3&K is one of my favorites in Sonic games. It's really too bad that the bosses are normally so easy, but you're going to fix that.

I would like to be a beta tester too, and I'm a very skilled S3&K player.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I'm the best damn player on this forum, if anyone deserves to test this, it's me. :(

This looks pretty good, by the way. There's just one thing that concerns me; making the games 'harder' around here generally translates into 'add lots of cheap traps that a player who hasn't played the stage before will undoubtedly run into', which is pretty unacceptable, be it an S3&K hack or not. Will there be any such tomfoolery here?

12. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    Not trying to aim for such challenges, I can't think of any traps I made to be like that or similar.
    Trying to remake entire level layout to be much harder.

Not aiming to have traps in general to be honest (Might be 1 or so per level/act) as it is currently (And those aren't the type of traps you mentioned neither, nor do they instantly kill you, but some of them tend to send you on a detour).

13. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Hi Nova I am one of your BETA testers for this excellent looking hack. Kudos on the difficulty you now have to watch every jump you make. Reminds me a lot of Super Mario's Lost Levels.

However I have discovered a problem whilst playing as Knucks early in the Angel Island Level as pictured below. Due to Knucks Jumping Ability I cannot get him past this point. He will hit the Yellow Spring bounce back and die each time I try.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6021/s3...rproblemmu9.png

Hope this helps.

Dj

14. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    It is in fact possible, but not the way you're using there.
    The spring located longer back can aid in getting past it.

15. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Ah right so provided I hold down right it will propel Knucks up to that platform where the Firing Plant is? cheers man, That level is proper hard, I havent got past a minute of it without dying lol!

Its definitely a good challenge from what I have seen so far, nicely done and cant wait to master Angel Island so I can see what else is on offer.

Dj

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Shouldn't reports from beta testers be private instead of posted here?

17. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    Yeah I would prefer that, altho this wasn't a huge report anyway.

BTW last post, took research (was most likely due to I was afraid of screwing up the test so).
    Anyway I hope I get approved here. :)

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Approved. Don't dissapoint us! :)

19. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    I'm sure he won't. :P

Sigh back to taking notes. :)

20. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    Yay thanks. :) Working very much on the hack so I believe I should manage a February release (Unless something comes in the way again).
    Currently Act 1 of MGZ is 30% done or so, and all bosses, palette and music up to MGZ act 2 is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.