don't click here

Sonic 3 Complete

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tiddles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I just remembered that Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic & Knuckles would all need continues due to a lack of save slots... not that you'll necessarily need them if you plan to beat the game in one sitting.

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
  3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    That is a subtle tweak but a very nice one to be sure. I'll be using it come next release.

4. Brainulator

Brainulator

I'm intrigued... :v:

5. LoneDevil

LoneDevil

Eternal Underdog Member
    The only thing missing is the grey palette shading from Sonic 1-2 & CD, it still has the S3K greys.

6. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It's not actually meant to be Sonic CD.

7. redquebec

redquebec

It looks great! Neo and Tiddles are really doing an awesome job, way beyond the call of duty. Thank you guys, keep up the good work. I can't wait for the release :)

8. Brainulator

Brainulator

I can. And what's with quoting/previewing emoticons creating "/>" after the emoticon in the editor to make the final post ugly?

9. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Shining contribution.

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Eh, Brainulator is younger than the Dreamcast. Most of us were a bit off-kilter on the internet at 15, but as long as he's not being overtly rude or anything, I think he's fine.

Though it is a little annoying that this topic keeps getting bumped for inane reasons. I keep thinking there's new info on the hack, and... oh, I'm contributing to this very problem. Ahem.

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

Yeah, I'm definitely capable of taking the message if I screw up somehow and someone corrects me. :)

But let's get back to subject. Have you ever considered implementing Sonic 2's HUD? (Sonic 1's seems to be identical.) Not that it matters, since the italics tend to bug me in a way. :-P

12. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    S1's lacks the white stripe though the text, which S3 introduced.

13. Brainulator

Brainulator

That is true. In fact, I think removing the stripe may either cause more or less conflict with the game's palette, based on what's done with the game (the Launch Base Act 1 boss makes the HUD look like it's been crossed out when the boss is hit).

14. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Good news, I just fixed this. "Venturing off" didn't affect this object at all once it was popped, but now it does, except it also now checks for the door already being open, so it doesn't actually respawn unless you deliberately screw around with the bonus stage and clear the temp level flags. Fun stuff.

15. Brainulator

Brainulator

Yay! :specialed:

16. Brainulator

Brainulator

Soooo I'm posting Neo's Twitter leaks because why not.

• New area + Tails afterimages?
    • Fixed boss flashing palettes
    • New Super Sonic sprites with SCD HUD?
    • Data Select now changes palettes during HBlank to output more colors than usually possible
    • A section at the start of Hydrocity Zone Act 1 has been given some visual polish
    • Hidden monitors?
    • 10 monitors in the secret HPZ area
    • Eggman's defeated head was switched to purple for racist concerns
    • Super Luigi Bros. 3 & Knuckles

17. April first was 6 days ago mate >_>

18. Brainulator

Brainulator

All of those posts weren't on April 1st though.

19. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    You're still a dumbass. If the authors want to talk about the shit they're working, they'd say it on here. Be a cunt elsewhere.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that's not nice. Besides these were posted on Twitter, so it's not like he's leaking anything or that the developers really wanted this to stay under wraps, so what's the harm?