don't click here

Sonic 2 HD

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Canned Karma, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    All this anti-drama has killed the thread. :V

Anyway, just wanted to point out that the boss's hitbox seems like it's a little smaller now, not sure if that's intentional.

2. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
  3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh, I wish Balough had still been present when that was shown & talked about. I'd have LOVED to see that conversation. Though he DID get quoted in a comment after saying he hadn't played it but it looked cool...

There's even a shoutout to Retro there!

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Risking a restart of the argument, but:
    [​IMG]
    :v:

5. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    He said "Sonic fan community, over at Sonic Retro". Are the creators not part of the Sonic fan community? :p

6. Volpino

Volpino

Pretty sure he means all of the community.

7. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    Pretty sure he doesn't exactly know what he really means, other than Sonic 2 HD is a product that came from the Sonic fan community. That's all he knows. He wasn't around for all the drama and gear-shifting. Pretty sure he meant nothing like what you're saying, because he doesn't actually know any better ;)

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Aww dang he didn't mention all the drama thats been going on :v:. that one dude with the glasses and the grey star wars shirt seems to shift uncomfortably whenever they bring up sonic, whats up with that? was he a reviewer that the community chewed out for a bad review or something?...

To all the guests that pass by here, hi gamespot people! were not that crazy so theres nothing to see here...anymore.

9. Volpino

Volpino

Pretty sure you can stop being a smartass now, you know what I was talking about.

Speak for yourself, let the drama commence. :specialed:

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Nope, we aren't that crazy. We're WORSE.

11. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali

Pretty sure I was responding to exactly what you said, without being a smartass whatsoever. Pretty sure YOU'RE the one being the smartass if you expect me to read into your words just to decode their true meaning. I've got better things to do, like drinking the ice cold can of Pepsi that's sitting to my left.

NOW I'm being a smartass. Say what you mean without being purposefully vague - it'll save you a lot of trouble.

12. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I think it's more obvious than that. Even people who don't know him should be able to come to the realization that there is no basis for defense...
    Anyway, 100% in agreement.

Of course there is none, But I think the point Vangar was making is that this would be the only way that anything original and not under the creative ownership of SEGA would be in this game would be to implement either/both. And even then... SEGA could still claim rights to anything created within as well...

13. Volpino

Volpino

Fine. The point was that people credit the entire community, not "part" of the community, for S2HD. Better?

Anyone who puts a smiley after a smug post is being a smartass.

14. Blivsey

Blivsey

Welp, putting my foot in my mouth now

15. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Actually, forget it.

16. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    After a smug post, yes, but there was nothing smug about my post. You're acting like the guy said the game was created in full by the entire Sonic community, which is exactly what he did NOT say at all, in any way. You took what he said out of context and spun it the way you wanted, and I posted exactly what he said with no crybaby bullshit involved. You're grasping at straws here and you're not doing a very good job.

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I think you lot should post some of the secrets and new art from your blog on here, it might help turn this thread the right way up, with some related conversation.

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So I wonder what happened?

19. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I have scraped the web for information and found an ominous silence shortly after April 2nd.

It appears they have made no decision what to do next and I would guess either something went down to cause a mess or they're just sort of sitting around going "I don't know what to do"... or are working on a massive announcement.

Also, here is some of the art they have posted to the web on other sites.

http://www.onlyintheory.com/sonic-2-hd/

http://www.s2hd.com/cl/CHARS.html

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.